FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMaternity Cloths

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maternity Cloths
    Posted: 27 June 2005 at 2:01pm
Hi guys,

I went shopping this weekend...and found nothing for me (and my growing belly)....any good shops you can suggest (in Auckland)?

Sponsored Links

AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2005 at 3:06pm
Did you try pumkin patch, EGG, JK, I think even baby factory has started selling maternity at some of its stores. then of course there is the warehouse. And there is heaps on trademe too!

Edited by Angelnz

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2005 at 3:14pm
I did look at PP but did not like any thing, on top which it is too expensive. Looked at Warehouse....

What is EGG? I will have a look at JK.....

Thanks

newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2005 at 3:29pm
EGG Maternity, they have lovely things, I got a few things there a few weeks ago. They might be on the internet? I don't know if they have shops in Auckland but I would think so!
Must be finally showing if you are looking for maternity stuff I take it??

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2005 at 4:30pm
Most cloths fit me...when I am standing. As soon as I sit down it is tight around the tummy...I keep wearing the same cloths (that still fit). My hubby decided that it is time we go and have a look at some cloths..... But yes I have noticed a change this week.

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2005 at 5:44pm
there is also mummys tummy in ponsonby. they are expensive but the quality of clothes is good and i wore my maternity top even after baby was born. re the warehouse you have to shop around as some shops have a better range than others. i wore ordinary pants, just with elastic waists, nothing special...

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2005 at 6:06pm
watch what you buy with maternity pants. most are pretty suitable but i bought a pair from pumpkin patch in their winter season and they were too hot couldn't deal with the material they were made of and they made me all itchy and yucky.

only bonus is that i love them now i don't have the belly furnace! just gotta alter the waist
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2005 at 9:50pm
you could go to the stores you usually buy clothes from and buy a size or two up.. sometimes, if they are loosish fitting (winter clothes can be nice and big) or long, you can get away with only buying a size up, alot of the designs now have the ruched sides with the ties you can adjust anyway. I got through my pregnancy with a great black dress made of lightish stretchy slinky material (my god, it sounds budget when i say it like that ) that i used through summer. and once it got colder, I got some of those great wooly skivvies, that are nice and long, and they stretch great over your belly. depends on what you like, but glassons stuff and shantons can be pretty adjustable, you can buy a size up and still have it look good, and it won't break the bank.. I mean, why spend huge amounts for such a short time?
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

lou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2005 at 8:24am

Jk and pumpkin patch at dressmart have good prices on their maternity clothes, though some are older styles.

Sometimes a larger size works well, and then you can wear it after till the baby fat goes.  Before I had the misscarriage I brought a cool pair of cords from jeans west at dressmart for $15, they were low cut and had some stretch.  They would proberly have done me to 6months or longer.  With sophie I had a pair of normal pants, low cut with lace fly.  they did me right to the last month, just let the lacing out.

You just have to use your immagination

Mother to two beautiful children - Sophie age 6 and Ephraim age 4

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2005 at 9:00am
Thanks guys for all the good idea's.....It is really helpful.

bonjovi6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonjovi6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2005 at 9:42am
I know Farmers also have jeans that are stretchy. As for the warehouse yuk, total waste of money. Good luck finding comfortable cloths, I know I had a hard time finding anything but surely in Auckland, there would be heaps of places.
I went to pumkin patch for my jeans. The only problem is, they are a very light material and its really cold here, mostly -4deg in the mornings.

toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2005 at 9:42am
there is an EGG maternity in Silverdale. They have gorgeous stuff there.
Mum to Alex (11), Blaire (10) & Erika (8) and Damien (6)

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2005 at 11:05am
Yah I just realised what EGG is. I had a look at their website....nice but expensive. I just dont wanna buy some thing that is expensive just to wear it for 3 months. Warehouse was YUK ...did not check farmers.

I am sure Auckland has other nice stores...I just dont know where they are.....

I am sure I will find some thing...I still have a few weeks (I think).

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2005 at 2:05pm
I just bought a couple of Warehouse budget t-shirts (I carried all thru summer so I didn't care what it looked like as long as it was cool!) and a dressier top from KMart that I wore to work etc. I lived in stretchy skirts, and those really cheap stretch bootlegs from The Warehouse. Only down side with those is they don't breathe too well so were hot, but they were also great post-birth because they were really comfy. I was also lucky that I lost 30kg before I got preg, but never gt around to ditching my 'fat' clothes, so I had quite a few tops that fitted my baby belly.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2005 at 2:18pm
You need to tell me what diet you were on Emma.....30Kg....wow

Well done!!

newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2005 at 8:40am
I think I bought my Pumpkin Patch Jeans too big They slide down constantly even though I have them as tight as possible! VERY annoying having to pull up my pants every 10 minutes!! So watch out with sizes! I got some great cheap black pants a JK. Egg stuff is fantastic apart from the stockings! I bought 2 pairs and both already had holes in them when I opened the packet, plus they slide down a lot!! I love clothes!... Only thing bugging me is wearing the same pair of shoes every day! I only have one pair of flat shoes I can wear as I ALWAYS wore heels until getting pregnant.

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2005 at 8:48am
Hey Ana me too.....
I always wore heels and now I have one pair of black flat shoes that I wear every day....Isn't that funny?

I need to buy a pair of black pants. Then I can mix it up with different tops.....So I will go shopping this Thursday or Sat/Sun. I am going to try Onehunga outlet store for PP, as they are having a sale.

newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2005 at 9:14am
Sounds good! I am going to the baby factory sale at the w/end, we want to buy a car seat\ and I am sure I will find lots of other things I really NEED!!

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2005 at 9:40am
I am avoiding Baby Factory at the moment, just like you I see loads of things I REALLY NEED!!

Ana did you get yourself a changing table? what kind did you get? Which pram did you end up buying?

I still havent bought any thing (its still early).

newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2005 at 10:23am
No changing table, we have two big chest of drawers and I will just put a changing mat on top of one of them I think otherwise room will get too crowded!
We bought a Maclaren Mac 3 stroller with the carry cot to go with it. Pretty fun!
I still need to get shelves or something for nappies (we want to try cloth nappies), I was thinking maybe one of those trolleys with baskets so we can use the top basket for all the creams and wipes etc. So much to think of!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>