FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe questions begin...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The questions begin...
    Posted: 28 June 2005 at 2:13pm
Maya has entered the delighful "questions" stage, where every second thing that comes out of her mouth is a question. Yesterday it was "Where is that bus going" "Why is that man wearing a singlet like Daddy's" "Why are you cleaning up my toys?" and so on and so on. Exhausting, but I am kind of stoked, she is beginning to question how her world works.
She is also learning about responsibility for her actions. Yesterday I asked her to clean up her toys and she said "But I didn't make the mess Mama" And I said "Yes you did" to which she responded "You did, Mama made the mess!" Cheeky monkey!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Sponsored Links

lou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2005 at 2:56pm
Sophie's favourite is asking "whats that" to every noise she hears
Mother to two beautiful children - Sophie age 6 and Ephraim age 4

daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2005 at 4:02pm
Kiya's favourite is "Why does..." to and about everything!
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
melz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2005 at 4:30pm
We get questions like "where do coughs go when the come out of your mouth" and "why are there clouds in the sky when there weren't any before" ..she could answer that one herself by saying that the wind blows and so the weather changes. Good I thought, got myself out of that one...til she came up with "but why does the wind blow....
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2005 at 10:43am
We got "What are .... made of?" for everything you can think of! Thank goodness Nathaniel is a science teacher - eventually, though the answers got down to "cells" (for living things) and "atoms" (for non-living things).
AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2005 at 1:45pm
ha ha. The other day Alyssa called a dolphin a fish. Rob said no dolpins are mammels so now she says Dolphin its a Cammel. Trust her father to confuse things.

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2005 at 4:42pm
lolol. I read somewhere that the average 2/3/4 yr old asks up to 500 questions a day.

My niece used to come up with funny reasoning for things.. she once told her dad it was a sun shower when she saw it raining... he looked outside, the sky was black as black - so he asked "why do you think it's a sun shower?" her answer was "cos it's sunday daddy!" she was a bout 4 then. shes 8 now and she still cracks us up with things she comes out with.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2005 at 5:47pm
LOL one of the Mum's at Playcentre was telling me that her 3 1/2 year old asked her how the baby comes out of Mum's tummy, and then 'How did the baby get in mum's tummy'. At 3 and a half!!!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2005 at 4:50pm
Kiya asked that just before she turned 3! At least she was happy with "Mummys and Daddys make the baby there"... until just before Josiah was born, when she asked "How does Daddy make a baby in your tummy, Mum?" I told her I'd tell her when she was 10.
Xander&Harmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2005 at 10:48pm
LMAO,my mates 6 yr old sister has a cute description of how babies r made.it involves a tadpole,an egg and growing in mums tum then comes out her u no wot.so i guess that is kinda a good description for a child that age????? I guess i will have those questions fromHarmony in a few yrs time
BECS

Angel Baby 10/07/09 (10wks4days)
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2005 at 2:09pm
My sis is pretty open with her kids. not to a gross extent, but she tells it like it is etc.. her 8 yr old knows about periods etc in simple terms, and well, living on a farm, both kids know the basics of birds/bees etc lol.. anyways, once, they stopped at a service station and dad went in to get some condoms and pay for petrol etc.. britty wanted to know why she couldn't go in too.. mel just said oh, dad's buying condoms. so when dad comes back out to the car. brit goes to him.. don't be embarassed dad.. we know you were buying condoms. she doesn't know what they are for exactly, but it was funny.

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2005 at 5:59pm
Mum told me about sex when I was about seven, but I was a loud-mouthed child who insited on giving lectures about it to people, like the supermarket checkout ladies and such
Southlandmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southlandmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2005 at 10:21pm
Oh all those questions to look forward to..

Cant Wait
Cindy - Princess and Princes
Samia Isobel Joy born 9th September 2008
Spencer Graeme John born 29th May 2006
Kaylin Gavin Robert born 19 December 2004
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2005 at 9:43am
Kiya knows about periods, just the basics and that I'll tell her more when she's a bit older and can understand it a bit better.

It got to the point during the pregnancy where I'd go to the bathroom and she'd follow me (no privacy with a little kid!) and ask what I was doing, and if I was bleeding still, and did I need my tampons, and... by that stage I was ready to yell at her until she left the room! Helpful kid, but still!
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2005 at 4:57pm
haha Yeah... can't wait!
newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2005 at 9:52pm
I remember being about 5 when I learnt about periods, I was like Kiya I suppose and just followed mum into the bathroom all the time etc. I come from a family where we really speak openly about everything but when I think about having to tell my wee one things... Mind you as a primary school teacher I have had interesting conversations with other peoples kids!!

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 10:06am
I can't actually remember talking about periods, I just always 'knew' so I must have been told somewhere along the line, but I definitely remember the birds and the bees, I was about 8.
And definitely not ready to explain it all to Maya until she is at least 25!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 1:55pm
yers, apparently our girls will be locked up in a tower till they are 30. lol

daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 4:28pm
My Mum said a good guideline for when to have "the talk" - at least the technical side - with a little girl is to look at when you got your first period, when your sisters got their first, and when your mum got her first, then use the average age as a guide.

This way they shouldn't be caught by surprise when they get their first period.
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 8:37pm
yep - these days they get it so much earlier too because of lots of different things - better nutrition and a whole lot of hormonal stuff too. I read somewhere that all the images of relationships and sexuality on tv these days can kick start a child's hormones etc even before they are actually consciously aware of what it is about.. pretty scary stuff -

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>