FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLiners and cream

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Liners and cream
    Posted: 21 May 2007 at 9:06pm
I was wondering what nappy rash cream and liners is the best to use when using MCN. Im just scared/paranoid of clogging the naps.  Im using J & J liners at the moment and bepanthan cream prn.

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
Sponsored Links

Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 9:08pm
oops prn means "as required" (sorry nursey lingo)

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 10:21pm
If you are using a liner you should be fine to use a cream, as the liner provides a barrier between the cream and the fleece. You can get flushable liners, as the J&J ones aren't - but those are the ones I use anyway.
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 10:38pm
Thanks Jax. I just keep thinking mabe it might still get thru some how lol
PARANOID!!!!!

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 10:43pm
i use cloth liners...i have them only for when i use sudocreme. cause you cant flushthe j&j ones and the flushable ones are too papery for my liking.
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 10:59pm

ooo Debs, where did you get your cloth liners from? What are they made of? I wouldnt mind getting some.

BabyHarmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyHarmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2007 at 9:45am
Hey Kels,
I've found the microsuede liners work the best as they have better wicking properties & are great at repelling poo! By this I mean it seems to fall off it into the toilet more easily than the microfleece liners. It's also more obvious/visible if there's any cream residue left behind on it. If you're going to use cloth liners when you use cream you'll need to stip them each time. Just put them in the basin or sink with either white vinegar or napisan oxiaction (or a soaker that has enzymes in it) and warm water for about 1-2 hrs before you wash. Be sure you rinse them out really well, or toss them in with your nappies pre-wash cycle. I hope that helps.
(Oh by the way I sell both types of liner on my website, and also a fitted liner for anyone else who uses prefolds & covers )
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2007 at 10:13am
Originally posted by Kels Kels wrote:

ooo Debs, where did you get your cloth liners from? What are they made of? I wouldnt mind getting some.

i got mine from snzzzipants i think - i also have some nap naps liners. you can make them too, or sometimes i see them being sold on TM quite cheaply. mine are microfleece .
i have never stripped my liners or given them special treatment and never have any problems with them at all and cause you can make them so cheaply i dont see any point. (not that i have made any)
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2007 at 10:48am
Off to look for liners

AndysMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2007 at 5:19pm
I got some NapNap liners to go in our Fuzzi Bunz as I find that the FB are a pain as I have to fold them to fit. The NapNap ones are good, but I wouldn't buy them again as sone poor bugger has just sat down and cut them out of microfleece. VERY EASY! And at about $7m must be cheaper than $1 per liner!!
Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2007 at 6:58pm
Yup Andysmummy - thats what I would do next time. No need to do anything besides cut the microfleece to the shape you want it and so much cheaper than buying them from someone.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2007 at 11:30am
Yeah and hopefully we can find some cool camo print or something! Is nice knowing that they are going to be very cheap to replace. So am back to using the lovely bum cream with the beeswax in it. Doesn't wash out very well, but it's awesome! Alexander is sooo cute! One of Andy's middle names is Alexander. My fav name in the whole world!
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2007 at 11:32am

Im off to spotlight next week to get some microfleece. Way cheaper option. Thanks heaps everybody

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2007 at 11:36am
Hope you can find a really cool print for ya wee lad
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2007 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by Kels Kels wrote:

Im off to spotlight next week to get some microfleece. Way cheaper option. Thanks heaps everybody

apparently you have to be careful on the sort of microfleece you get tho cause not all wicks moisture, some repel it and you dont want that.
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2007 at 4:32pm
 Help Debs...how do you know the difference???

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2007 at 4:35pm
no idea sorry kels ... i just know some of the ladies on TNN had problems with it. i do know that greenbeans sell it by the metre and half metre and it is used for nappies so has been tested for you.

Edited by gandt
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2007 at 7:26pm

Thanks Debs 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2007 at 11:03pm
Thanks heaps for that Debs as I have been planning to use all my microfleece scraps to make liners!!
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 9:32pm
I ordered some microfleece thru Greenbeans!!!!! Now I can cut my own liners and not pay the earth

Post Reply Post Reply