FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedshaped vs flat nappies

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
catie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: shaped vs flat nappies
    Posted: 22 May 2007 at 11:33am
Are the shaped nappies (that are shaped like disposables) actually any better than the much cheaper old-fashioned flat nappy squares?
Sponsored Links

Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2007 at 11:37am
Absolutely!

With MCN's there is no folding or "oragami", no pins, you don't even have to use covers if you use pocket nappies or all in ones.

One of the most common things I hear also is that MCN's are more absorbant that flats and of course with many MCN's you can change the absorancy without necessarily adding bulk. Which of course brings up the point that most MCN's are not as bulky as flats.

And of course we can't forget the cute factor!

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2007 at 1:11pm
they can be better - yes...

i think a flat is trimmer than some MCN's available, but nowhere near as absorbent. and covers are only really necessary for when going out or in winter when you need more layers of clothes on.

however i think for newborns when you have to change them so often anyway it is a very close race.
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2007 at 1:43pm
I find FB (fuzzis) trimmer than flats... the best thing MCN have going for them is less leaks around the leg.
 Post Reply Post Reply