FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAm I being Stupid

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
YvetteandElla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YvetteandElla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Am I being Stupid
    Posted: 24 May 2007 at 10:32am
Ok so this may be a stupid question but it is bugging me.

I only feel baby movement below my belly button I dont get any kicking or wriggling above that is this normal?

Sponsored Links

ShellandBella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShellandBella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 10:49am
Not too sure, but perhaps at your stage of pregnancy, your uterus only comes up as high as belly button therefore you only feel movements from there and below...? As you progress your uterus will expand and bubs will stretch out and no doubt start kicking you in places you never thought possible!

BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 11:10am
I think thats quite normal at your stage (dont quote me though im just recalling a conversation i had with my MW a while back). I think below the bellybutton is a normal place to start feeling the movements and you might be carrying low too which will contribute to that.
justme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 11:15am

hey lilnutnut,

Where i'm feeling bubs movements are pretty much the same as yours. I can feel baby move from left to right all around this area - but it isonly from just above my belly button down.

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 11:20am
Yeah it's normal, it also depends on which way bubs is facing and where your placenta is. Bubs may just be kicking your placenta which is why you don't feel so much

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YvetteandElla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 11:22am
She is definatley a wriggler however I only feel it in the same places as just me.

Sometimes it feels likes she is having little seizures down there as they are sharp and quick and lots of them.

I am always just worried if it is normal - I start thinking what if she cant move her legs or is something is wrong.

Paranoid mummy

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 11:26am
Could it be hiccups you are feeling? This guy gets them every day which is slightly annoying but it took me a little bit to pick them up.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YvetteandElla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 11:30am
Well yeah I never thought of that, just did not expect it to happen all the time.

I dont actually know which way bubs is sitting so am unable to tell which is what

BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 11:33am
oh yup the constant taps are hiccups!! had them every hour when i was pregnant with Bay so my MW got many chances to tell me exactly what they were!!! but Astin only gets them once every few days so apparently not as much of a pig as his brother! lol (MW says its from bubs drinking the fluid to fast! lol).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YvetteandElla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 11:37am
Man I did not think that they could get it that often, it must be what I am feeling.

Wow my mind had me thinking she had epilepsy sometimes the fact that I did science at uni is really annoying who would think of such a thing.

What way should bubs be sitting - what is where

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 11:38am
Hi lilnutnut, at your stage of pg your uterus has probably expanded to just over your belly button (belly button = 20 weeks usually) so that's why the movements you feel are lower than that. Also your baby is still pretty small so you can probably feel when s/he is kicking against you. If they are usually always in the same place, your baby probably just has a prefered spot inside you (that's very common, especially towards the end). And remember that bubs is going through sleep/wake cycles.
justme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 11:38am
hiccups? Lol, that cracks me up - so cute!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YvetteandElla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 11:55am
I love this forum you always get an answer and I now feel so much better - that is until my next new worry - wonder what that will be.

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 12:21pm
justme - hiccups aren't cute when each time he hits your bladder or some other uncomfy place! hehe
justme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 12:47pm

oh! oops! that would be a tad annoying/uncomfortable!

I just imagined a sweet little baby with hiccups & thought this was the cutest thing

miss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 12:57pm
lilnutnut - I still haven't had any movement up round my rib area. I had nothing above the belly button till recently, and even now it isnt that far above the belly button. It worried me - especially as all the girls in June were talking about having their ribs kicked and bubs was so far away from there it wasn't ffunny!

My scan showed that she is pretty low down, and it looks like most of her kicks hit the placenta, whcih I don't feel - that was reassuring to me, so hopefully it will be to you too - some people just don't get the kicks up round the ribd. Should also man that you won't get bad indigestion (or even at all, I don't yet) which is a bonus, and I don't even mind the fact that my bladder has been rubbish since 28 weeks becasue of her position as at least it is comfier to sleep with than heartburn!
peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 3:06pm
I've only just started feeling them above my belly button and they tend to be concentrated beneath my right ribs. Most of the movement goes on down below.....WAY down below if you know what i mean very disconcerting!
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 4:43pm
I don't often feel bubbas in my ribs, I'm kinda tall in the tummy zone so the uterus doesn't always get that high.

Stacey, hiccups don't knock your bladder, if it's that strong then you're talking about hands or feet.
caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 10:55pm
*sigh* i remember hiccups, got them nearly every day in the later stages of pregnancy , a constant tap tap tap down thur , or rather near there (but not pushing on my bladder)

caitlyn never went near my ribs,i had pregnant friends complaining all the time that their baby had got their foot stuck in their ribs ,so glad caitlyn never did that!

btw, you know whats really cool? watching how active they get when you have a bath
miss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 1:21pm
Nothing makes my girl be active. Not ice water, not food, not baths. She is a lazy lump - lol! Only thing that helps is Dh rubbing my tummy and tlaking to her - total daddys girl already!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>