FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMommys Touch - opinions please!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
My3Sons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote My3Sons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mommys Touch - opinions please!!
    Posted: 26 May 2007 at 9:27am
After seeing how fast Mr 13 months has grown out of his Mediums I am looking at different one size pocket nappies.  Has anyone used these and could you give me some feedback please!  They have fantastic colours!
Mum to Mr 10, Mr 6 and Mr 4

Sponsored Links

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2007 at 11:35am
Pricey but would be good for both your boys from this age on.

Not fab for young babies but doable.

And cool colours

Edited by nikkiwhyte
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2007 at 4:56pm
the first mcn i got was a mommys touch. i got it for charli but it didn't really work for a young bub. far too bulky and complicated.
so we used it on jack for a while and never had any probs. they are a little expensive but they do have really cool colours and are great nappies

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2007 at 8:08pm
Just interested Vanessa, does the MT fit Charli now she's a bit bigger?
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2007 at 7:45pm
I have 5 of them and they are great. I use a flat nappy as my inserts and they work wonders. They were harder when Alize was younger as I was having heaps of leaks (in all my naps thou) and Ems told me to bulk up the inserts and it work a treat until he was older and got chubby thighs. Great colours too!!

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
sunnyhoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunnyhoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2007 at 5:07pm
Hi Kiwimummy

I'm thinking of getting Mommy's Touch too but wonder how they will be on a newborn. Maybe I wll do disposables for the fist couple of weeks until I get on top of things and maybe by then Bubba will be big enough for them???
Mum to:
Joy Emily 1.05am 27/09/07 7lb 3oz
Austin Paul 12.47pm 18/04/10 10lb 8oz
Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2007 at 6:47pm
i use mummys touch, i have about 14 of them....have used them since rhiannon was about 10mths old i think...havent had any problems...

although rhiannon does sometimes leak out the side of the leg its only when shes lost a bit of weight around her thighs and i just move it up 1 dome until i need to move them again.

cloth nappies work well as inserts as well...i brought these with having more kids in mind....so when i have more we will stay with cloth nappies and then move them when they are abit older

Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2007 at 7:24pm
Sunnyhoney - they can be a bit hard on a little baby but once you get the hang of it and inserts sorted they are fine. I started using mine more when Alize was 41/2mths. They can be quite bulky on a wee one.

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2007 at 7:46pm
nikki, i haven't actually tried it on her again and now i've sold it on TM.

MrsCrispy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsCrispy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2007 at 7:42pm
I didn't like the MT nappy I had - it was far too complicated with all the different snaps. Personally I find bumgenuis's much easier and much better absorbancy.
Dunners View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunners Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 7:15am
I have a MT and I am not a fan. It was hopeless when DS was a newborn and even now at 13 months it doesn't fit him right (he has quite skinny legs). I use it as a night time nappy for my 3 year old.

My favourite one-size nappy is a bumGenius! It truely is one size - I used that from birth on my DS and my 3 year old wore it until toilet training at 2, and can wear it at night now.

Apart from the bumGenius I'm not a fan of one-size nappies - they're usually too big for a smaller baby and too small nearer toilet training. I think it gives a false sense of economy. I sew my own so it only costs me about $6 per pocket nappy and I get a fit that really works for my kids. I know that when you're paying more like $30 per pocket nappy it gets expensive - but our FuzziBunz size M that I used on DD from 3 months to toilet training have been worn by DS since 3 months too - so even sized nappies can give a good size range without the bulk.

(Petite Fuzzi Bunz are a good size too - the rise of a large and slightly larger than a medium in the waist. There are lots of NZ WAHM brands too).

Edited by Dunners
Faraway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faraway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 8:27am
Anyone know anything about the Haute one size pockets?
MrsCrispy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsCrispy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 8:32pm
I have a haute one size and quite like it. Its almost as good as the bumgenius! :)It doesn't quite last as long without leaks as the bumgenuis but still goes for a good few hours without a leak. :)
Faraway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faraway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by MrsCrispy MrsCrispy wrote:

I didn't like the MT nappy I had - it was far too complicated with all the different snaps. Personally I find bumgenuis's much easier and much better absorbancy.

Does it come with an insert? If not what do you use in it?
MrsCrispy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsCrispy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2007 at 7:22pm
Can't remember if it cam e with one or I brought it separatly (sorry mummy brain!!) but I got the insert recommended by the retailer.
Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2007 at 8:06pm
i should add as well that mummys touch when the baby gets too big for them come with extender domes...just like you get with a bra...

Post Reply Post Reply