FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedprefolds

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Faraway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faraway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: prefolds
    Posted: 01 June 2007 at 8:47am
Hi again!
Can you use a liner with prefolds? As with cloth flats I imagine these would feel highly uncomfortable when even slightly wet.
If you can, what would your recommendation be?
Sponsored Links

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2007 at 9:05am
you can...but i didnt bother most of the time. any liner you would use with any other nappywould be fine. if i did use a liner i use cloth ones - or added a booster with with a stay dry liner (snazzipants ones).
Nic01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nic01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2007 at 9:53am
Yep. I use a stay-dry booster in them. I use the real nappies system & bought some of their boosters which have the stay-dry layer on them. I've also used the snazzipants ones. Both are good & give extra absorbency too. You can also use just micro-fleece liners which won't give extra absorbency but will just keep the moisture away from bubs.
NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2007 at 6:54pm
I'm reading all about nappies, particular prefold nappies. All the info is a little overwhelming (but very helpful!!!) Just so I can get my head around it, if your baby is a big wetter, would you boost the prefold with a booster? I've read somewhere that prefolds aren't that great if you have a big wetter, so by putting a booster in, this will help to elimate this problem??
A very lucky mummy to two gorgeous boys:
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2007 at 9:40pm
a prefold with a booster will be more absorbent but as with flats you will need to change bub more often than say if he was wearing a pocket with a stay dry inner.
 Post Reply Post Reply