FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow do I get rid of poop stains??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
floss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do I get rid of poop stains??
    Posted: 02 June 2007 at 9:37pm
On a few of our Fuzzi bunz I have poop stains and don't know how to get them off, they are very faded but still look gross.

They have been washed and soaked but I don't know if there is anything else I can put on them?

Please help
Sponsored Links

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2007 at 9:42pm
I find the sun bleaches most things out - if there is any sun
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2007 at 9:42pm
I know it is a bit tricky considering we are heading right into winter, but sunshine is by far the best stain remover that I have been able to find. If you have a clothes airer that you can put outside somewhere first thing in the morning, peg them by the pocket end and turn the fleece side to face the sun - then leave them out there as long as possible. The other thing to consider is what are you soaking them in? I've found EcoStore Oxygen Whitener to be quite handy, but you sometimes have to be careful with soaking and poop stains as it can sometimes make them worse. What I usually do if we have a round of poo-splosions is run a hot wash (usually do cold), and set it to a soak cycle - then when the machine beeps, I add a scoop of the oxygen whitener to the water. I don't know if stripping them will help, but it could be worth a shot. I'm also sure some of the other lovely cloth mummies here will have some other bright ideas to help you out. Good luck !
MrsCrispy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsCrispy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2007 at 10:06am
I find that even on dull days, if you put the nappies to dry in the sun by a window (so the glass intensifies what sun there is) it gets out poo stains. :)
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2007 at 10:11am
yep, sunshine, natures bleach...

or else you can give them a scrub with a brush if they are really stubborn. or maybe try a baking soda paste.
peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2007 at 10:21am
Originally posted by gandt gandt wrote:

yep, sunshine, natures bleach...

or else you can give them a scrub with a brush if they are really stubborn. or maybe try a baking soda paste.

but how does it work? what does the sun do?????sorry I have obviuosly never outgrown the "why?, Whats that?" stage
MrsCrispy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsCrispy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2007 at 10:27am
The sun literally bleaches the poop away. Like fades it to nothing - don't ask me how it just does!!!
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2007 at 10:29am
UV....
floss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2007 at 7:57am
thanks guys

They do always hang out in the sun which is why I think they have faded so much, but I might have to try the baking soda idea today and see what happens.
 Post Reply Post Reply