FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDefective Fuzzi Bunz Grump

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AndysMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Defective Fuzzi Bunz Grump
    Posted: 02 June 2007 at 10:59pm
After waiting for 8 weeks for our FB to arrive (to make up for the huge wait and for us having to buy more desposibles while we waited they gave us a free nappy. Nice but they didn't give me an inner!) I have just found out that the reason that we've been getting nasty red marks on Andy's legs is due to ALL (yes all!!) of the FB being made wrong! On lots of them the elastic is in sideways which is making it nasty and sharp and is pulling the outer fabric into the inside. The elastic is dif lengths and even some nappies are dif sizes, and one even has a hole in it and the stitching is already undoing. I'm feeling really really annoyed that they sent products that may have been hurting Andy. (My agent is going to see if I can keep using them while they send me new ones, and then send them once the new ones arrive. I don't even want to use some of them as they make Andy's legs so red). Is there any point writing a letter to the FB people in USA and complaining or would it be a waste of time?

I really love FB but am feeling so disapointed as they cost so much money, we waited so long for them and were so excited about getting them and doing our wee bit to help the planet.

Grump grump. Did anyone else get crappy nappies?

Sponsored Links

Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2007 at 10:58am
Laura, I'm not sure if the agent advised you but Fuzzi Bunz USA have just changed manufacturers and are having some teething problems and are aware that SOME nappies are leaving the factory below standard and have now put systems in place to ensure that doesn't happen again. I know this doesn't help you right now but we are working on it.

I'm really sorry you haven't recieved good service/good product.
But it is good that your agent is trying her best to sort out the problem ASAP.
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2007 at 1:07pm
I have nothing to add to Toni's post, but just want to say that I'm sorry you've had so many problems...
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2007 at 2:00pm
Same as the others have said, I'm sorry that you have had so many problems.

I know they are working hard to rectify the issues with the new manufactuers though.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2007 at 9:12pm
Thanks. I just hope that my agent can persuade them to let me keep using these ones while they send some more as there's no way I want to be wasting money on disposables again!
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2007 at 8:29am
andysmummy maybe it would be better if they took them all back ... if you want i have a couple of joel eze pockets that i found really good..they have aplix not snaps tho. or else you could get some other kiwi made nappies and get a chance to check out some great kiwi made products.
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2007 at 9:10am
i have been browsing TM this am and found a couple of package deals from kiwi WAHM's. i know it means more money up front but cheaper than sposies and then if you wanted you could always sell what ever you dont need/want when you finally get your fuzzis back.

TM link

and here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2007 at 8:58pm
That sounds like a great idea. Will wait and see what the agent has to say. Am really hoping I can hang on to the current ones until replacements arrive.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2007 at 8:59pm
Wigglebums! What a CUTE name!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 7:11pm
Agent rung today. Honeychild won't let me hang onto these ones while they get me some more in. Turn around is 4weeks. Will be longer as they have to send these ones to USA. Feeling very let down and upset. What's the point of buying disposables for another month (or more) when we've paid all this money for FB which we have already missed out on using for 2 months! Don't know what to do! Wondering if I should see if they will give me my money back and I buy another brand. Just looking on here for peoples opinions. What I liked about FB was being able to try them before we bought them. Am so emotional as Andy now has colic so I've had very very little sleep lately. All getting a bit much really.
Anna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 7:24pm
There are other kiwi made nappies that you can try before buying? Tweedle has some agents round here somewhere, as does real nappies (have agents - none here I don't think) and I am sure there are others? Maybe go the kiwi made way?

Anna

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 7:27pm
I'm happy to lend you some nappies to try out if you want to try some different systems, or even just to use until you get your Fuzzis back.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 7:37pm
Me too Laura - I have some mediums that were Hannahs if you want to borrow them (not all pink either!)
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 7:47pm
Oo I'd be prett upset about that too

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 8:35pm
Thanks so much for your offers. I don't really like the thought of using other peoples nappies though. I don't mean to upset anyone and I really appreciate your offers of help. Been looking at other brands but have no idea. Was thinking that if they won't give us our money back we could get large ones and then buy mediums in another brand. Have no money though which makes it kinda hard! Am just loathed to the idea of putting more disposables into the environment and having to pay for them!!
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 9:43pm
Laura if you want to look at the Tweedles,Stacey is the agent for Palmy and i'm sure she would be able to help you out. The plus side with Tweedle (and all the nappies made by WAHM) is they are made in NZ and the turnaround from you ordering them and you getting them is pretty quick. I have heard and from my experience with Baby Harmony.
I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 10:03pm
i would suggest get your money back and buy some kiwi made nappies - and then when fuzzi bunz have sorted out their delivery times order some more more then...if you still want them after trying some great kiwi made nappies tho.

definitely talk to the tweedle rep...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 10:53pm
Thanks. I've been looking online at Tweedle and Baby Harmony. They look really lovely. So hard to decide. Has there been a forum where people have said which nappies they like the best? Have been looking ....

Am going to have be be tough tomorrow and get my money back. Will probably cave though

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2007 at 2:30pm
Went and saw agent this morning. 13/19 nappies are faulty so they're being sent back and am getting money back. Agent was great! Honeychild were not keen to take back. Then they weren't going to let me return the inserts as they are not faulty! Agent soon sorted them out!! So gald that's all over. So am on the hunt for nappies again.
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2007 at 2:36pm
Glad to hear you didnt cave and your agent helped you out
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>