FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedsole parenting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tjgirl1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjgirl1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: sole parenting
    Posted: 25 July 2005 at 6:37pm
Solo mum/Dad
Are there any support groups for young solo parents out there?? Are there any other parents out there who are bringing their kids up alone??
If you are do you want to chat? meet up?
Sponsored Links

AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 9:07pm
there was a couple of threads ill find and bump

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 1:25pm
I was a single mum to my little girl from the time she was 3 mths until she was nearly two. It was tough, especially as Maya was sick and ended up in hospital a few times, and I had no support from her dad, and my family are all overseas, but she is a beautiful, happy little girl, and I think we have an even closer relationship because of all that we have been thru together. Her dad and I got back together in January, and that's been a rocky road too, (sometimes I think being a single mum was easier ) but I feel like my time as a single mum has made me stronger and more independent.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Donna.I View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donna.I Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 3:56pm
To find support, ring your local citizens advise bureau. There are many listed throughout the country. I really hope that you can find one suitable. Many do not understand the isolation, the loneliness. But there are the many positives too. I'm a single mum to five kids, ages 3 - 18. My older two kids have left home now, and I also have a really cute grandson who is 15mths old.
Donna Ingram
Co-ordinator Gastric Reflux Aide
info@gastricreflux.org
www.gastricreflux.org
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2005 at 5:36pm
I'm 20, a single Mum and going through the whole paternity process at the moment.
It's going to be over by September at the very latest! YAY!

I'm in Wellington

Very important to have a good support network and I'm more than happy to be part of that on here, or in person if you are ever in Wellington
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2005 at 1:27pm
I was a single mum from the christmas before Kiya was born (she was born end of March) until I married Nathaniel in January last year. Nathaniel is not Kiya's biological dad.

It can be tough, but also incredibly rewarding. I grew up rather fast - I had to. I'd just turned 20 when I found out I was pregnant. D has had nothing to do with Kiya - his choice, so I had to be both Mum and Dad to her. Oh - it is definitly a lot of fun. And you know that unconditional love a child has for its parents? You don't have to share it!
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2005 at 3:51pm
Apparently I have to. My sister is Hannah's "Dad" (poor kid is going to have an identity crisis when she grows up)
Sometimes I think Hannah loves Jute more than me (and there is definitely no competition the other way around, Jute would quite happily ditch me to have Hannah as her own! - I've even been told that she is taking Hannah for a year while I go overseas. And that was not negotiable!!!)
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2005 at 7:32pm
Just out of curiosity Nikki, your sister name is Jute? where did her name come from?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2005 at 5:32pm
Oh, her nickname is Jute, short for Juliet.
I have no idea how it came about? Usually Juliet gets shortened to Jules or something.
People that don't know her very well sometimes call her Jules, but we have just always done the Jute thing!
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2005 at 8:01pm
Oh, I thought you were all from some far-off european country....like finland or somehting..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2005 at 10:37pm
Sorry to dispell the exotic image you had of us

Unfortunately we are good old born and bred Kiwis
Just with crazy names like Nickaloo [and Ju the poo] from Mamaku.
(Yeah, another strange nicknaming sensation in our family.)
mumstheword View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumstheword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2005 at 9:57pm
Hi I was a single mum @ 19 with Caleb from about 4mnths in2 my preg, ubtil a yr and a half ago, his dad dosnt have sweet F all to do with him, his choice, It was hard but my family was really supportive and also Calebs dads family are also really supportive even though there son isnt. He calls my partner daddy and thats fine with everyone he knows that David hie bio dad helped make him but he knows andrew is his daddy that looks after him and reads him storys every night, i dnt want him to grow up confused about where he came from.. hope this all makes sense... bye for now guys

Post Reply Post Reply