FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNappy bins question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sunshine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nappy bins question
    Posted: 08 June 2007 at 12:23pm
Okay heres my question.
I am going to go cloth nappies (prob fuzzibunz) once baby is ready. They tell me its best to use disposables for first month or so before using cloth nappies.
So my question is do i/will i need a proper nappy bin to use with the disposables?
Also when i change to cloth, has anyone located a really good plastic bin to hold the nappies when dirty with a strong lid to put in before washing?
hopefully this all makes sense!!
Sponsored Links

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 12:26pm
The warehouse has good cheap nappy buckets. I've been given 3, the lids definately stay on and I think they are less than $10 each.

I'm using disposables at first for a couple of weeks and I'm not gonna bother getting a "proper" nappy bin for them, I'm just gonna use my nappy buckets and just put a plastic bag in them as a liner.
sunshine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 12:28pm
yay sounds good. will have to check out the warehouse.
Am thinking not to get a proper nappy bin either as its a waste of money.
However just been reading the post on fuzzibunz problems and am feeling rather unsure now about whether to go with them!
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 1:04pm
We love our Fuzzinbuns! Isla has been in them fulltime since she was 5 weeks old. At first we used disposables, and put wet ones in a plastic bag lined bin, and put soiled ones in a plastic nappy bag first($2 for 50 at supermarket). The nappy bins at the warehouse are great. We use them too- $6 each
MelanieAndBree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelanieAndBree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 1:39pm
my friends mum was saying that she would just use those paint buckets with the lids and they were fine.
So im not going to bother with a proper nappy bucket lol.
Melanie.
Mum to Briahna Robyn, 3yrs
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 2:23pm
Don't be worried about fuzzis... lots of people use them without problems. And most of the agents are available to deal with any issues.

An alternative would be to buy something similar, closer to home - that means you can have direct contact with the nappy maker and possibly easier resolution if there is an issue.

sunshine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 2:37pm
so what do people know about snazzipants. I like that they are from nz and wont take 4 weeks to arrive!
look pretty similar?
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 2:43pm
snazzipants nappies are fitteds and fuzzis are pockets, but snazzipants sell all sorts of diff nappy types too.

for a nappy bucket i use a pedal bin and used the same one for disposables and now my cloth. the inside of the bin comes out for easy cleaning too...

sunshine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 2:49pm
i am so new to this - whats the difference btwn pockets and fitteds?
sunshine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 2:50pm
i am so new to this - whats the difference btwn pockets and fitteds?
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 3:42pm
a fitted nappy is shaped and you just put on as is and needs a cover and a pocket you stuff the absorbent stuff inside it and normally doesnt need a cover.

check out snazzipants on their products page they explain each one and it has a link to a great comparison chart too.

Post Reply Post Reply