FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBaby Kebakat is here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
danielsdaddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danielsdaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2007 at 10:01am
For those looking to pass on advice to their partners, I would say two things. First, it SUCKS seeing your other half in so much distress. You might have an idea in your head of how it's going to be based on what you've seen on TV, but that's always different because it's some female actor you know nothing about pretending to be a person you know even less about. So all I would say is 'be ready for it'. I had been warned about that part so it made things easier. If I wasn't ready, I might not have been so useful. Be ready for it, and develop a strategy for coping. In my case, it was to avoid looking at her face, and to have complete faith in the fact that the midwife knew what she was doing, and that labour is inherently painful so there is actually nothing wrong.

The other thing is (I think) to know your place in the birthing room. I knew that all the medical stuff was going to be handled by the pros, but I also knew there wasn't really going to be a damn thing I could do to ease DW's situation. I made up my time by balancing out the two roles of "midwife's assistant" (helping her move DW around, passing her blankets and towels, helping with the mental boosting for DW etc) and by just being there during the 'breather' times when DW had her eyes open. I imagine with so many strange people in there it might have been a bit bewildering for her, so for her to open her eyes and see a familiar face such as mine probably helped, even if a tiny bit.

I'm off to see her very soon. I'll pass on all your kind regards to her :)
Sponsored Links

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2007 at 10:30am
that is fantastic to hear it from the guys point of view and just as capable of bringing me to tears reading it. Must get DF to read it tonight.

Well done!
AnnC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2007 at 10:36am
wow thanks 'daddy2b' Richard. My husband didn't get to see the 'labour' as such as we had an elective ceasar (and the other two aren't biologically his) I don't think we are having another one but part of me feels he missed out on a 'great' birthing expereince.(me i could do with out it) so thank you for your insight to a DH/mans point of veiw.

Can't wait to see photos.
Ann

Also Mum to Josh (15) and Brooke (10)
Rackhell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rackhell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2007 at 11:35am
Congratulations to one very scared but brave mother and a welcome to the new addition in your family.

xx
noodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2007 at 11:52am
Big congrats Stacey and Richard and welcome to the world wee Daniel

justme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2007 at 11:55am

Congrats stacey & richard, fantastic new.  Welcome little daniel

Thanks for sharing your side richard, congratulations daddy 

.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2007 at 4:01pm
Congratulations on your new family. Thanks so much for sharing your story Richard, it was a great insight for me to hear how you guys deal with this journey mentally and emotionally, I have to admit I had tears in my eyes, I hope Stacey is doing well today.
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2007 at 8:45pm
Really really interesting to hear it from you Richard... thanks so much - and congratulations!!

Wow, Stacey did an absolutely fabulous job having a natural birth with very minor intervention with a posterior babe! That's awesome - good work Stacey

Midwife sounds like she knew what she was doing too... that's always a help.

Anyway, congrats Stacey and Richard.

Edited by nikkiwhyte
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2007 at 8:59pm
I went up and saw them a few hours ago. Stacey is doing great, feeding is a bit of a problem. Daniel suck a few times and then gives up and doesn't want to do it anymore. So she is expressing and feeding him with a little medicine cup. Pic are in the photo gallery.
I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2007 at 9:03pm
Good to hear your story, well done Stacey for pushing him out posterior, you've done a great job!
Mazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2007 at 9:11pm
Congratulations to you both and well done!
Welcome to your wee boy, what a story! And very cool to hear it from a Dad's point of view.

edited to fix spelling

Edited by Mazzy
hailstones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hailstones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2007 at 9:40pm
Wow - congrats Stacey and Richard and welcome to the world little Daniel. Sounds like you both did an awesome job! Off to photo Gallery now to see your wee boy

ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2007 at 9:54pm
Congratulations both of you for bringing a new little person in the world Can't wait to see piccies!
Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41
shelleybean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelleybean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2007 at 10:28pm
Wow Congrat's and all the best with Breast Feeding - once you get the hang of it. it will come naturally. Thanks for the up date.

kabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2007 at 12:21pm
Excuse my ignorance, but where is the photo gallery??

Edited by kabe

miss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2007 at 12:25pm
Hey Kabe, it is limited to members with over 100 posts, so you are going to have to chat to us loads so you can check out the photos!
kabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2007 at 1:06pm
Ha, okay, I'm sure I can find something to chat about..!

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2007 at 2:18pm
congrats Stacey. If i was working this evening i would sneak you up some choccy. but am on day off. anyway well done on the labour and birth, sounds like it was a bit gruelling but hopefully not too long.

hugs to you and hubby and welcome to Daniel
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2007 at 2:51pm
Janine, Stacey is going to be in for a while. So you probably can sneak up there and give them to her.
I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
AndysMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2007 at 4:56pm
Congratulations Stacey on your darling wee boy. No wonder you weren't feeling 100% when you showed me the Tweedles on Friday night. Wish the three of you all the best. Bet Daniel looks really cute in his tiny wee nappies.
Hugs
Laura
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>