FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNgatikaura on 60 minutes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ngatikaura on 60 minutes
    Posted: 18 June 2007 at 8:33pm
Did anyone else watch this>? I have never felt so violently ill in my life after watching this horrible horrible story. am wishing I hadn't. I remember reading that the adoptive mum (i.e "real" mum) yelled at the bio mum, "go and hang yourself" and I thought it was a bit much....not anymore.
Sponsored Links

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2007 at 8:43pm
I saw a bit of it on the news on Friday night and from then I didn't want to watch it. On the news they showed pic's of the poor boy and how could anyone do that to a little baby, I looked away but still got a small look at it and that was enough.
I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2007 at 9:17pm
Those sorts of people should be sterilised so they can't have anymore children. I mean, honestly, if you can't handle your kids, stop having them! Those two deserve a lot more than 8 1/2 years, the mongrels. I bawled my eyes out when the adoptive mum was crying, the poor lady did her damnedist to bring up the child for 3 years, to have this b***h get him back and kill him.

And to think that poor wee boy's last days were excruciating and terrifying. Mongrels.
caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2007 at 9:33pm
I couldn't watch, I cried watching the news story.
It gives me chills to think of that poor little boy having to leave a loving home to meet his death at the hands of those 2 disgusting excuses for people.
I just can't believe anyone could intentionally do such harm to someone so small, someone who is a part of them. It just makes me physically sick
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2007 at 9:35pm
I also chose not to watch it after seeing the news story. I think some ADULTS deserve to be beaten to death with baseball bats, and that couple are at the front of the queque.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2007 at 10:02pm
I watched it with absolute discust and anger!! 8 years is nowhere near enough!! they took a life and so violently!! they should get life!!! and yup they should be beaten to death with a baseball bat!! they said that the mother felt remorse and claimed that she was under alot of stress from having 5 kids already at home!!...WELL WHY GO AND GET THAT POOR WEE BOY OUT OF A LOVING HOME!!?? IF SHE COULDNT EVEN HANDLE THE ONES SHE HAD ALREADY!!! plus they said she only did it so she wouldnt get done for benefit fraud!!!!....gggrrrrr enough said!! that just made DH and i sick!!!
newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2007 at 10:18pm
I just can't believe there are people like that out there. I decided not to watch as I don't think I could handle it at the mo. in my preggy overemotional state and the news snippets were more than enough to make me just aaaaargh
It's just pure evil to do that to any other living thing let alone a defenseless little chuld - YOUR OWN defenseless baby!!!
I agree 8 years is nowhere near enough punishment.

Sarah Beth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2007 at 6:47am
Originally posted by Baysmum Baysmum wrote:

8 years is nowhere near enough!!!

They wont be in 8 years, it was 4.5 non parol period.

I watched most of this in bed, and had to get up and get a hug from hubby to settle back down, cried so much I felt sick. The last time that happened was when they did a child abuse inside NZ type thing years ago. hubby had to hold me for near on an hour to stop the sobbing. It astounds me that someone could do this to a anyone, let alone a child. Steralise them and send them away I say
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2007 at 9:03am
i watched about half i think - i missed the beginning...but other than the fact that what they did to the poor confused defenceless child i was also angry at the society that condones these kind of informal adoptions giving the "adopted mother" no rights and i was also sad about the fact that the adopted mother didnt even have the decency to tell her "son" the truth. she told him he was going to the dairy for lollies with his aunty and he had no idea...this would have really confused the poor kid and i know this would certainly have contributed to him going backwards in his toileting...the whole thing was wrong.
and now a little boy is dead... at least tho they couldnt use section 59 as a defence

Nic01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nic01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2007 at 9:39am
I sat there crying my eyes out. How people can do that sort of thing to a poor defenceless little child is just beyond me. And to have taken him out of a home where he was loved & wanted in the first place. He must have been so scared, wondering where his mummy was & why she'd left him with these horrible strangers. And for his bio mum to have taken him back just so she didnt get done for benefit fraud was disgusting. I was appalled at the sentence too - they violently took that little boys life. His last few days must have been a nightmare & to think they will be out in about 5 years - it's just wrong. Hubby sat there saying the sentence was just a joke - it should be life for taking a life.
AnnC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2007 at 10:21am
I cried at the news story and near to tears reading everyones comments just now. I wished I could of taken that child and gave him a huge hug and never took him back there. I chose not to watch 60 mins as the news story had me crying and I couldn't handle it.

Its so wrong.
Ann

Also Mum to Josh (15) and Brooke (10)
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2007 at 11:45am
We deliberately don't watch the news... the updates on Breakfast + the NZ Herald online are enough to keep us up to date without exposing our chidren (and Kiya in particular) to stuff they really don't need to know about. If something happens we want to know more about, then we'll watch the late night show.

This whole situation has made me so glad Kiya hasn't seen it! Nat and I agree - life in prison should mean LIFE in prison, and 8 years is a joke.
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
nuttymama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttymama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2007 at 12:38pm
I didn't watch it as it would have haunted me for weeks. But I noticed on stuff today that a 16 year old got a minimum parole period of 14 years for killing a 72 year old as it was so brutal.

So why the heck did these monsters only get a minimum parole period of 4 and a half years. Surely the brutal beating to death of a helpless three year old warrants more!!

NZ JUSTICE SUCKS!
Abigail 06/01/2005
Jayden   21/11/2001
Micheal 03/04/1997
Sarah Beth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2007 at 12:48pm
the 16 year old was very well known to the police nuttymama if it is the same case I was thinking of.
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2007 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by nuttymama nuttymama wrote:

So why the heck did these monsters only get a minimum parole period of 4 and a half years. Surely the brutal beating to death of a helpless three year old warrants more!!

NZ JUSTICE SUCKS!

its because they were not charged with murder but manslaughter...!!!!

missy_girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missy_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2007 at 12:57pm
I found this so hard to watch. I cryed my heart out. When Zoe woke up for a feed at 2am I hugged her so tightly. I was so thankful to have her in my life.

I find it so hard to believe that they have only received 8 years. And whats that bet that they'll be out within 5. It makes me sick.
Michelle

caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2007 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by gandt gandt wrote:

... at least tho they couldnt use section 59 as a defence

Sadly this type of thing wont be prevented by getting rid of section 59 either.
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2007 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by fleury fleury wrote:

Originally posted by gandt gandt wrote:

... at least tho they couldnt use section 59 as a defence

Sadly this type of thing wont be prevented by getting rid of section 59 either.

No but they wont be able to get off because of it either. and who knows maybe it will make a difference.

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2007 at 4:27pm
I was talking to hubby about this. when my 2 year old is upset, who does he run to? me and his dad. so when the parents are the ones doing the hurting, where the hell does a kid run to? and surely that makes this kinda crime the worst in humanity - and therefore consitutues a much more sever punishment than 8 years!
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2007 at 8:11pm

I cried the whole way thru and wished I never watched it. Those animals need to be beaten and chucked into a room to die. They are nothing but mongrels!!!

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>