FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBraxton Hicks??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2005 at 11:11pm
hmmm, no offense Jack's mum, but you miss labour pains!!!!!?????? you can have mine! hehe.
Sponsored Links

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2005 at 2:30pm
yeah i know! not meaning to sound like a sicko, but yes, i do wish i had some labour pains! that's a major part of the whole 'having a baby' process.
it was all just so surreal, one minute i'm pregnant, next minute i'm looking at this gorgeous wee baby. i carried him for 9mths, as you do, but didn't get to 'finish off' the whole thing, if ya get what i mean.
nevermind, he's going to be 1 in 7 days!! can't believe that!!!!!

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2005 at 10:57pm
Wow!! time goes so fast doesn't it. what are you going to do?
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2005 at 4:52pm
not really sure yet. might take him to orana wildlife park if it's a nice day perhaps. we're having a party for him on the saturday, but i feel real stink for him cos he doesn't have any friends his own age! there will be 3 girls age 3, 4 and 5 and 3mth old twin girls. i never got involved in a mothers group of any sort and i really am regretting it now, poor wee man!

vgibbs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vgibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2005 at 3:13pm
Just wondering if anyone can shed any light on the "show". I'm in my 36th week of pregnancy and I think I've had it - sort of like at the end of a period - mucousy and blood stained with little clots in it (although it's been dragging on a for a couple of days). Sorry if that's a bit gross or too much information!! Midwife says it's most likely the show, and it can appear a few weeks before you are due. Baby moving fine and BH okay too. Anyone else had this? Any info welcome!!!!
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2005 at 4:31pm
sounds like it. good luck!!!
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2005 at 11:17pm
yep sounds like it. can vary for everyone, some people it looks a bit like congealed egg white, sorta clear and white, others it can look blood stained - some people is may even only look like a bit clot of blood, scary as that is.. sounds to me like your midwife is right.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2005 at 9:48am
Hmm... Ive just realised that Ive been having Braxton Hicks for a few weeks now - well I think so anyway! My bump goes all tight and crampy feeling for about 5 seconds and does hurt. I had thought it was the bub moving into a funny position!!
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2005 at 12:32pm
vgibbs - sounds like your show alright. I seemed to have missed mine.... First thing I knew about labour was my waters breaking... hmmmmm

Aimee - it is a weird feeling isn't it!?

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2005 at 1:26pm
I always was worried I would miss it, and be in labour and not know. I also hoped my delivery room would have a TV so I wouldn't be bored.

Now I know better. My waters were borken artificially and then i got the show. I remember being on the loo in the hospital and having a huge contraction and hubby rtan in and asked if I was okay. I said, hey yeah, wanna see the show thing. anmd he was pretty grossed out. Guess he got over that when he saw jake being born@!
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2005 at 2:09pm
he he he, yeah, now if mike complains about getting anything gross on him.. (one of the kids dribbles or sneezes on him or whatever) i always say "come on... you've had amniotic fluid all over you, who cares!!!" lol, since he was there holding up one of my legs his jeans etc got covered in it when ayja was born. lol
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2005 at 9:42pm
I had my show in the bath a few hours after the contractions started. That's how I knew for sure I was in labour, to start with I thought the contractions were just gas lol. But then I panicked coz I felt a pop and didn't know if my waters had broken in the bath or not! But they hadn't, and I had them broken muuuuch (30+ hours!) later!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12