FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRe-Freezing meat

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sparkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Re-Freezing meat
    Posted: 30 June 2007 at 1:00pm
I got a pack of beef mince out of the freezer yesterday morning, left it in the fridge. Then decided I didn't feel like it last night, so chucked it back in the freezer.

It hadn't de-frosted, and was still rock hard, so I'm guessing it was alright to be put back in the freezer? Am I right in thinking that red meat is ok to re-freeze?
Sponsored Links

sparkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2007 at 1:01pm
Just googled it, and it is ok to do so.

Don't want to be throwing away good money!
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2007 at 1:01pm
Yea it would have been ok, but you need to be really careful about that LOL
Spudling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spudling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2007 at 2:28pm
if it didn't defronst then it is OK. Once meat has defrosted you should only re-freeze if you change the composition of it, i.e. cook it. Then you can re-freeze.
Also once de-frosted you can keep in fridge for a couple of days with no troubles.

BUT, after saying that, because you are pregnant, you need to be so much more careful than you normally would

Post Reply Post Reply