FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked**Baby Showers**

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
mumstheword View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumstheword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: **Baby Showers**
    Posted: 18 August 2005 at 4:31pm
Hi what do you do at a baby shower??? My sis and a mate are giving me a baby shower in a few weeks since baby could be here in as little as 5weeks, I didnt have one with Caleb as he came early as a surprise... So any ideas would be great, who do you invite?? Felmales only?? or do the guys come to and have a male bonding session out the back with a few beers??? Do you play games or just sit around chatting??? Please please help me I feel so dumb...
Sponsored Links

Xander&Harmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2005 at 4:42pm

its entirely up to u as to wot u want to do but my first shower we played games like gess the bump circumfrence,who's that baby,guess date weight time.my mates one we playd spit the dummy,pin the napy on the baby,fear factor baby style.My 2nd shower was just me n 3 mates havin a movie n munch nite as i had done the whole game one before.

how to play games mentioned: bump circumfrence is easy just need loo roll/string or the like,whos the baby is when u get everyone to bring a baby pic of themselves,and u have to try guess whos who.spit the dummy well name says it all,whoeva spits there dummy furtherest wins.fear factor baby style we had a potty(clean and sanitised of corse)filled with  lemon jelly and a cooked sausage (wees n poos),and u have to fish the sausage aka poos out using only ur mouth.

BECS

Angel Baby 10/07/09 (10wks4days)
Xander&Harmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2005 at 4:43pm
all 3 i attended were females only.I guess the guys could have beers at someone elses place???
BECS

Angel Baby 10/07/09 (10wks4days)
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2005 at 10:29pm
theres millions of sites with different games on them

here's the one i used for when i threw a baby shower for my sisters' and also when my sisters threw ones for me. lol

http://www.babbee.com/

we did pin the baby on the mummy and printed out a pic of a fetus, backed it with cardboard and then had to pin it on a lifesize drawing of a preggy mummy,

we also put cotton balls in a bowl and you had to spoon them into another bowl in a certain amount of time... but you were blind folded... soooo hard, cos they are so light you dunno if you have any on the spoon.

other than that... just relax and enjoy the gifts and food. we made it bring a plate.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2005 at 10:53pm
my one we had to taste and guess baby food. only my friend found this disgusting stuff that I'm sure if only in Japan...liver and tripe...for your five month old???? Salmon and salmon eggs......ick. vowed never to actualkly taste Jake's food.
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2005 at 11:49am
I just had a group of my friends come around and shower me with gifts and eat lots of food! It was great!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumstheword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2005 at 1:10pm
Thanks heaps for all the ideas!! Is it like a kids birthday???? do you have silly little prizes for the winners??? Mum suggested to get a whole lot of $1 scratchies for the prizes, cheap but fun for adults.. I told mum id be totally bummed if one of my mates won the $10,000 prize, gosh im sellfish....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2005 at 4:34pm
hahaha nah fair enough.
whenever i buy a scratchie for someone i have to buy one for myself as well... just in case.
and then i usually end up scratching theirs too... just in case. hehe

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2005 at 4:35pm
but yeah, baby showers are usually like kids birthday parties, if you want them to be.
really up to you. i didn't buy into the american version of the baby shower just because i didn't think my friends would get into it
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2005 at 11:29pm
i like the "shower me with gifts" idea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumstheword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2005 at 10:17am
yeah i like that to, my man asked if he can have his own shower to get stuff for him, i told him next time he was preg id through him the best baby shower ever, he thinks being preg is a breeze, getto stay home and sleep all day, ha ha wouldnt be to bad if I wasnt actually stuck to the couch, id love to leave this house.. just go for a ealk, but no bed rest it is...... i am going mad.... truly guys..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2005 at 4:16pm
hahaha if he got pregnant and went through the pain of giving birth he could have a million baby showers!!!!
males aye? no idea
newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2005 at 5:13pm
I had a surprise baby shower and my hubby was there but otherwise only girls. We did the taste the baby food game and my best friend wrote a quiz about details on the parents on the baby to be - winner got a prize. Mostly just lots of cake and pressies, it was lovely!

aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2005 at 4:41pm
I had a baby shower at work yesterday. It was of the afternoon tea and shower me with gifts variety! It was lovely, everyone bought a plate and they'd put together a basket full of little goodies It was sort of a leaving party as well but I finish next week. I get a lunch next week with another lot from work AND another baby shower!!
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2005 at 4:49pm
Oh that was nice of them Aimee...I doubt I will get any thing like that....But I know my friends are organising some thing for me....I told them I am too tired to organise any thing after my "house moving".

So how far along do you have to be (usually) to have a baby shower? I mean does it have to be (as an example)at or around 34 weeks .....???

Edited by Roksana

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2005 at 5:33pm
No set time.
I think people like to wait until there is a noticeable bump just so they can pat it and wait for the baby to move! hehe
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2005 at 8:52pm
he he, Paris's i was 32 weeks, Ayja's i was 20 weeks cos that was the only time i could have my older sister there too.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2005 at 6:53pm
As far as I know it doesn't matter when.

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2005 at 9:14am
Well My friends have set a date 17th Sep...I will be nearly 34 weeks. I am looking forward to it!!!

But I have decided that no matter what happens, I am not tasting no baby food!!!

Edited by Roksana

aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2005 at 9:41am
Yeah I am a bit worried about my second baby shower this week - its more likely to be one with games etc. Im not one for gross foods, esp at the moment, I thnk my morning sickness is coming back
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>