FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedpredicting the sex

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: predicting the sex
    Posted: 22 August 2005 at 12:17am
Stupidly I agreed with Lewis not to find out the sex of the baby....now this is killing me!!!!!! So have decided to resort to more unorthodox methods. However, due to my mind-boggling original predictin skills with jake, will try other people's ideas. So far have tried predicting with the Chinese Lunar chart (girl), dangling a pendant over my belly (kind went back and forth in a circular manner..hermaphrodite), was going to mix urine with bleach until I read that it can cause dangrous fumes and explosions. Any other old wives tales for me to try?????
Sponsored Links

nuttymama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttymama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2005 at 6:46am
I used one of my rings hung from a piece of my hair and it actually did predict what sex my kids were. As a joke we did it to my mum when I was pregnant with abby and it got all five of us right to. If you have any other children it will pick them up first. backwards and forward means a boy around in circles means a girl. You can either hold it over your tummy or stretch your thumb and index finger into an L and do it over the skin part of your hand by there.
Abigail 06/01/2005
Jayden   21/11/2001
Micheal 03/04/1997
AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2005 at 8:11am
I did that too Vick...... didnt work. I reckon if your carrring out front its a boy all the way round its a girl. Maybe get your tarot cards read.

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2005 at 8:53am
lol... i only carried out front with both my girls.
there's other things like what sorts of foods you are craving.... salty savoury things means boy, sweet sickly junky food stuff is girl... sorta works.. both times i was crazy for biscuits and ice-cream and went completely off chips etc.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2005 at 10:35am
Okay well i wanted corn and tomatoes.
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2005 at 11:54am
hhhm dunno what that means. lol... with paris i had a thing for minted peas by the bucket load..

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2005 at 12:56pm
I have no cravings.....well for a while it was chocolate cake but for the last week or so...nothing!

According to my scan I am having a girl......is that consistent with the theory?

aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2005 at 2:29pm
LOL Everyone has a theory! Random people - like shop assistants - have started predicting what I'm having! General consensus so far is that its a girl, tho I have had a feeling from the start its a boy - but who knows! I have been told its a girl cos I'm all out the front and that its a boy cos I'm all out the front!! Might try the ring and hair thing and see what that says...
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2005 at 2:35pm
Very weird... did the ring thing and held it over my belly. Well it just hung there doing nothing for a bit then it started doing big swings back and forth!! A boy apparently. I guess we'll find out in a few weeks if its right
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2005 at 10:26pm
Lizzle, silly! You know how terrible you are with suspense!!! Other people's pregnancies are bad enough, now having to wait another four months to find out about your own! What were you thinking? haha

And don't buy into the old wives tales I would have been having a boy had I listened to anyone. Actually did listen to everyone. Very suprised at having a girl. I'm an idiot.
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2005 at 10:29pm
well, i figured if I coped with not knowing for nine months with Jake I could do it again. Now I wish I was like those cows at massey with the windows in their stomach (seriously, the have some plexiglass thing in for vet students), so i could have a wee peek. I'm thinking of studying sonargram things so I can tell from the ultrasound next time.
Xander&Harmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2005 at 10:33pm
its quite easy to tell boy from girl using scan pix.i compared my two all the time when i was preg with Harmony lol
BECS

Angel Baby 10/07/09 (10wks4days)
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2005 at 11:28pm
i shall try. the scan pic I had, it's hard to tell head from butt so thats no real help

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2005 at 11:43pm
if u can find the one of the femur bone then u should see the bits??
BECS

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2005 at 4:30pm
hey that's right i remember you telling me about that site that showed you how to distinguish which was which....

newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2005 at 5:20pm
Well, everyone said that we would have a girl....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2005 at 9:57pm
i think its www.pregnancyabout.com ??
BECS

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 1:00am
I will go to the doctor's this week (have been avoiding them after the said "blood test" - honestly, i tore while in labour, but am still terrified of a blood test needle) and try and work it out...probably still be wrong though
nadine05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nadine05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 12:57pm
Ive just had a girl after four boys and really didnt notice anything different with the pregancies ....... except with my girl i noticed that my hair really slowed down in growth! I could go much longer between shaving my legs, plucking eyebrows etc (and slower hair growth is one of the old wives tales for girls) Also i hardly gained any weight with her (3.5kgs) and with the boys i gained anywhere from 14 - 24 kgs!
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 1:13pm
Apparently when you had intercourse can predict what it is aswell (im not so sure but its interesting)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>