FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedI get to buy more nappies!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I get to buy more nappies!!
    Posted: 06 July 2007 at 8:53pm
Well, I am doing a bit of research tonight for my new baby nappy stash. Han was in flats and horrid covers for the first few months and then into Fuzzis but think I may broaden my horizons a bit this time!

So far the plan is 12 small unbleached prefolds, 4 covers (prob Baby BeeHinds or Bummis) and then some pockets (prob a couple each of Fuzzis and Ecobubs). If I get stuck I still have a couple of dozen flats.

What do you think? Not keen on fitteds or AIOs. Also have lots of medium, petite and large Fuzzis, so once bubs out of small naps will have lots to go into. Tho, if I like the Ecobubs as much as I hope I may get a few more of those. I'm not really that into trying every nappy out there - I have tried quite a few but ended up selling most of them on TM.

Deb, are you going to mainly use prefolds? Anything else?
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Sponsored Links

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2007 at 9:08pm
i was thinking unbleached prefolds too...prob was going to get some cheap tacky farmers covers tho to start with. and maybe some of those really soft fitted snazzis. oh and wouldnt mind some coloured prefolds too. and who knows maybe i can get them in pinks instead of blues.

aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2007 at 9:12pm
Will you find out the sex of bubs? We didnt with Hannah, but I am keen to this time.

Have changed my mind already. Will prob get he prefolds and covers, plus 6 Fuzzis. Then get some ecobubs in mediums to bump up my medium stash.
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2007 at 10:49pm
i dont know about finding out - we did with both boys but i dont know what we will do this time. i think hubby would really like to know before hand.

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2007 at 10:54pm
oh and i have been checking out the snazzipants site and am thinking maybe some small bamboo fitteds, they have them in baby blue and baby pink... i dont think i will go with pockets cause i dont think i would need small for too long and i cant be faffed selling them later..maybe a peapod or two for convenience (and cheapness)...

My3Sons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote My3Sons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2007 at 9:37am
ooh I have been wondering about newborn nappies!! I didnt start cloth with Leo until he was 8 months and he has always been in pockets.  Are they really fiddly with a newborn??  I dont know much about any of the other systems that might be better for a wee person. 
Mum to Mr 10, Mr 6 and Mr 4

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2007 at 10:12am
i find prefolds and covers work really well with a small bubs. having said that, we didn't start cloth til charli was about 10-12wks. i think she was about 4-5mths when she went into pockets full time which were mainly peapods

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2007 at 10:21am
i started when toby was aobut 3 months old i think. and i used flats and covers from farmers mostly then got a starter pack from snazzipants and trials from other places too...

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2007 at 1:45pm
Is it terribly wrong that I'm REALLY jealous you guys can build up stashes for newborns?!?! I can't wait until I can do that!!! (Give me 5 years or so )

Anyway, if I get fast at knitting, I can knit you both some cute newborn longies!!! I'm getting there with the knitting, took me only a couple of weeks to knit one side... and that was learning how to purl as well... so newborn ones shouldn't take me long. Oooo how exciting!!!
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2007 at 8:38pm
oooohhhhh newborn longies.....

aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2007 at 3:02pm
Ooooh cute nikki!!
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2007 at 3:48pm
Just thinking tho Aimee... does/did Han have a reaction to wool at all? Just thinking I might need to make them in something else if there is the possibility of eczema. Don't want to cause flare ups!
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2007 at 7:23pm
Hannah has been fine with wool thankfully And ha ha at being JEALOUS!
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
 Post Reply Post Reply