FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCramping?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cramping?
    Posted: 07 July 2007 at 8:50am
Im getting cramps and they can be fine sometimes and other times they have me curled up in a ball.
How long do they usually last with a miscarriage? Im getting lower back pain too, it feels like I do when I get my period only worse.

Sponsored Links

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2007 at 9:09am
Hi Sheza, you are basically getting contractions, cleaning out your system and contracting your uterus back to size. If you need to empty your bowels they can been worse! I had these on and off during my two weeks of m/c and even more so (probably to the extent that you are having them) during my next period. All you can really do is take panadol and use a wheatpack. There's no rule as to how long they take, it varies from person to person.

The other thing I wasn't expecting when I m/c was the baby blues. You might have heard of these, most women experience them after giving birth to a baby - when the pg hormones drop off you can feel a little depressed. It's not just grief but it will pass. Baby blues usually come at about the 3-4 day after birth/loss and can last just a few days, not really more than a week.

Big hugs! It's a horrible thing to go through, the physical and emotional all together. I'm so sorry for your loss

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2007 at 9:12am
Yeah Im feeling a bit down today actually, and yeah I had to go to the loo before and it was SO sore(the cramping) and now its like a dull ache in my back and uterus.
I'll just keep using panadol and the wheat sac then. Im going to have a real lazy weekend, the only thing i need to do is the washing, we have nothing left cos I havent done anything since I started spotting
I was too scared to move...

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2007 at 9:17am
Fair enough! I would have put myself on bedrest with the panic also! Take care of yourself, the cramping and sadness and blues will pass and you can do housework for Africa then! Right now you need a blanket and hot chocolate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2007 at 9:43am
Yeah blanket and hot choccie sounds good :)
I think Im going to cheer myself up with a new cell phone aswell hehe

meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2007 at 12:15pm
I think they can last as long as you're bleeding.. and just be aware that the bleeding can last longer than a normal period too.. also I got my period two weeks after the m/c, which is normal too.. if you need anyone to talk to, I'm here - having just been through it myself. Take care.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2007 at 8:41pm
Thanks Meow,

Im sitting here with a hot water bottle behind my back and its lovley. The cramps have been minamil(sp?) today so thats good. My m/w phoned me aswell to see how I am and stuff, and because me and DF are not going to rey again for a while sh is going to organise the pill for me so Im going in to see her on the 17th. Ive got her a card today to say thank you for all her help and support through this I will give it to her when I see her on the 17th.

emachan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2007 at 11:06pm
My cramps were horrible too - especially in the middle of the night/early morning - just when I needed my sleep. Lucky my DH was so kind and got me hot water bottles every time it happened - it sounds like your DF is pretty awesome too!

Keep up the panadol etc - have you tried nurofen plus or panadiene - just has that extra kick to help the pain (and you can have nurofen now as you're not pg anymore).

keep your chin up chicky!
emma
xx

DD#1 Sept 08
DD#2 Oct 09
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2007 at 11:56pm
I didn't get cramps as i never bled until after D&C, however after that were horrendous until the rest of what they left in there passed. I spent my time sleeping, and having plenty of panadol and choccy.
hugs chick
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2007 at 7:27pm
Yeah I find my cramps are really bad at night and first thing in the morning, thye were quiote bad yesterday morning then last night I passed another huge clot, but thats good cos my body is doing its job. I just want it to be all over with I live with my hot water bottle, and Im dreading going back to work on Tuesday...I HATE the place.
Ive had a really down day today, just havent felt like talking or anything and had a few crys its just such a hard time emotionally and physically.

emmaohara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmaohara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2007 at 11:13am
Hope work goes ok today Sheza

Bumble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bumble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2007 at 12:25pm
Thinking of you today.
formerly known as "Bee"

Ethan ~ March 2003 Big 6 year old school boy!
Micah ~ Aug 2008 ~ Smiley pants who loves telephones!
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2007 at 3:18pm
Keep an eye on the bleeding too Sheza, if you are passing a lot of clots or having unbearable pain it might pay to get checked out by your GP as sometimes your body doesn't clean itself out quite enough and you need to have a d and c to prevent infection.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
bookwyrm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bookwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2007 at 8:50am
All my love Sheza. Get some good rest in the evenings, get DF to make you your favourite dinner and get in a bath or hot long shower.

Thinking of you.

spicey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spicey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2007 at 4:25pm

i am new to this forum. i just had my D & C this morning. It was so fast, i couldnt believe it. Now i am bleeding.

emachan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2007 at 12:36pm
SPicey - hope things are going well for you. The D&C op is real fast isn't it... you'll probably bleed for a week or so - just make sure you don't use tampons as you could get an infection.

How are you coping otherwise?

DD#1 Sept 08
DD#2 Oct 09
spicey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spicey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2007 at 7:58pm
had the D & C on friday and it was so quick. All i could remember is telling the surgeon that it was friday the 13th and next thing i was awake in the recovery room. Went to my work function on sat nite and i just neede to have a big blow out. Had a bit too much to drink and paid for it on the couch on sunday. My hubby broke down on sat nite at my work function as well. It just hit him then and there. So emotions are up and down but i will get through this....just need to snap out of it.
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2007 at 12:21am
mmm, thing is, you don't and you choudln't just snap out of it, it takes time but after a while you just realise hey i'm not as bad as i had been. I found writing stuff down helped a heap.. hence all my posts in this section etc.

it does get better, there will always be a scar but like all scars, it fades with time.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2007 at 4:23pm
Spicey my DF broke down aswell, it really hit him hard. We have decided to wait until after we are married to try again. We want the baby to have the same last name as both of us

Post Reply Post Reply