FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCrockpot Roast Help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crockpot Roast Help
    Posted: 10 July 2007 at 3:57pm
As the oven blew up I'm reduced to cooking my roast chicken in the crockpot. The crockpot is new so I haven't quite got my head around it yet. The recipe says to cook the chicken for 1-2 hours on high per 500gms. The chick is about 1.5Kgs so do I cook it for 3 hours or 6 hours....there is a HUGE difference between 3 and 6!!!!
Mummy to Gabrielle and Ashley
Sponsored Links

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2007 at 7:51pm
Cook it for 4 I say, and check the juices at that point and expect it to take another hour.

But that's just a guess. I hope you didn't post this hoping for chicken tonight
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2007 at 12:14pm
Hi Fiona
A bit late for this posting but also be aware that when you pull the chicken out of the crockpot it can be known to fall to pieces
FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2007 at 10:16am
As it turned out we had a power cut 1.5 hours into the cooking and the power was off for 6 hours so the chicken was returned to the fridge. I then cooked it for another 4 hours yesterday and it still wasn't done so popped it in the oven for another 30mins and amazingly it was delicious!
Mummy to Gabrielle and Ashley
Faraway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faraway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2007 at 5:26pm
I put a size 16 chicken into slow cook on low at 10am and it was so moist at about 7. About 8-9hours I think?
 Post Reply Post Reply