FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNames *

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 10:34am
Yep, Joey is wearing pink... It is a hat that is a hand me down from my sister (who is now 17!) and one of the only ones that fits him as his head is soooo wee!
Should I change the photo?

Sponsored Links

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 10:40am
Nop leave it......he looks cute no matter what he wears......and I know that you will end up changing the photo some times soon....as soon as you take millions of other of him.....so dont worry!

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 10:51am
Well Janine I have a feeling that my daughter might just live up to her name (Zaara)...which means Princess!!

I did not tell my MIL what name I chose as I have a feeling she is going to ruin it for me!!!

I wanted a name that was Indian(ish) and yet not some thing that was old fashioned and hard to pronounce! Zaara is a Indian name and an english name so that worked out well. However I dont like Zara....so one more "a" did the trick for us.

I sure hope she does not come out and say surprise....I am a boy!!! I havent picked a boy name!!!! Ohhhhh I will be in trouble then. LOL!

aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2005 at 11:13am
We have pretty much decided on Joshua Gilbert (Gilbert is a family name!) and Hannah (not sure of middle name). But there have been heaps of Joshuas and Hannahs born lately. In the paper the other night out of the three baby girls born they were all called hannah!! I really like the name Clodagh (its Irish) but everyone else hates it!! We havent told anyone about the names cos I dont really want to know what they think, and someone will be bound to put me off them.
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2005 at 2:35pm
lolol lizzle. we had a boy in our class at intermediate named Kai... and boy did he get heaps when we went on a marae visit. they were going through rules etc and said something about "no kai, allowed in ...(somewhere, i forget)" everyone laughed at him.   so no, not a great idea for a name if you live in NZ.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Tastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2005 at 8:42pm
we had choosen names from the moment we found out I was pregnant..

Bailey Michael and Adele Kizia if he turned out to be a girl

We are wanting another Child so Adele Kizia will be an option for sure.. and Jamie already has a couple of boy names he likes/picked

Trish

Edited by tastic
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2005 at 9:07pm
lolol, trish the scary thing is... we had considered Bailey as a boys name, and michael would have been it's middle name cos we wanted it to have daddys name as it's middle name... but, my little sis got preggers first, and found out she was having a boy, and deliberately stole my name. I had a girl anyway, but oh well... otherwise we may have had kiddies named the same lolol

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2005 at 12:14pm
yeah damnit, i didn't think hannah was as popular as it is!!! i only know a few hannahs my age.
didn't know a whole lot of babies, let alone any called hannah, now i know a million!!!!
ah well.. she suits it.
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2005 at 12:17pm
I thought Jake was more popular but I haven't met another one...course helps I live in the land of Daiki's and Yuuki's.
mumstheword View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumstheword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2005 at 12:30pm
Names me and my man can sit for hours discussing them... and not knowing the sex isn't helping at all, But i think weve come up with a couple now, if its a girl we are thinking Briannah Jayde or Jayda yes Jayda Grace and Jaikob Samuel or Blake Jaikob for a boy, my sis keeps pointing out that BJ will be my daughters initials, will she be teased at school, im sure other people have made it through life with the initials BJ, my friends initials are BJ Headly....he lived... and we havny decided on the last name??? mine his or both, my son just has mine not his dads, im thinking bubs will just have dads last name as when we decided to get married i will have his name and he will legally adopt Caleb, so we will all be Towers,, mmmm Just gotta love it, its quite weird thinking youl have a different last name actually..
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2005 at 1:07pm
Was really weird for a while once I changed my name - especially when you go to sign your new signature!
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2005 at 3:26pm
I still have my own last name. my grandad was not impressed until i told him how expensive it would be to change everything over. he's okay now. I'll change when i get back to NZ though. jake has lewis' name.
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2005 at 4:48pm
Willie has only her Dad's last name. Was a huge decision for me, and for a long time afterwards I regretted it and even considered changing it to hyphen both of our last names because I felt really bad about having a different last name to her. But my reasons for giving her his last name was that all of his other kids have his surname, so she is the same as her brothers and sister, and also it was important to my Dad that she have her dad's name as that is tradition.

We're getting married next year, but I won't change my name, mostly because I don't want to give up my identity if that makes sense. Also, i have established a career with my own last name, so don't want to change it. And Willie is ok with that.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2005 at 8:36pm
i know what you mean emma. I feel a bit like a different person when i use my married name. Also when someone calls "mrs Marama", I look around for Lewis' mum!!
Tastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2005 at 9:27pm
Im still getting use to being a different name!. I have caught myself saying my maden name sometime...opps

Trish
lou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2005 at 9:09am
I found it weird to start with, but now after 6 years of marriage it feels weird to see or hear my maiden name
Mother to two beautiful children - Sophie age 6 and Ephraim age 4

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2005 at 9:17am
lol, i'm the opposite, i can't wait to have Taylor as my last name. No more having to spell out last names, I'll be common. lol.   apart from the fact that my middle name is elizabeth.... hhhmmm Elizabeth Taylor... hope i don't end up having as many husbands as her!!! lolol

Xander&Harmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2005 at 4:11pm
lol Janine,ur initals will be JET,mine wil be RAR
BECS

Angel Baby 10/07/09 (10wks4days)
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2005 at 9:59pm
RAR... sounds like a lion or something.. lol. RAR RAR RAR!    yeah I'll be JET, but right now I'm JES.   Ayja's initials fit her well, she was so tiny, and her initials spell ANT.

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 8:48am
all our initials are booze!
hubby is DB
i'm VB
and Jack is JB. we are going to get him a bottle of Jim Beam and hide it until his 21st

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>