FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHeartburn.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Heartburn.....
    Posted: 01 September 2005 at 11:14am
Hi guys......

Last night was one of the worse nights of my life!

At about 10pm I started to feel a heartburn so like all of you guys have suggested, I had a long glass of cold milk....went to bed!

Then woke up at 1am with the feeling that my insides were on fire...not just the chest but tummy too. I freaked out and thought oh my God what is this? and is this hurting the baby? but my baby reassured me that all is well with her, by doing the usual...kicking mummy!

I was in tears by 2am...walked around with milk and just did not know what to do...Hubby wanted to take me to the hospital.....Finally I went back to bed at 5am...came to work at 10am.....I dont know if I can go thru that again.....

What can I do? and is it normal to feel the burning sensation in your tummy/chest area?

Sponsored Links

newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 11:25am
I only ever had heartburn twice I think, but never that bad. Sorry I can't help

paigesmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paigesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 2:01pm
Don't know sorry! Never had it that bad! May be it was somthing you ate last night?
Karen.

skirts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 2:19pm
Sorry to say this but I had wicked heart burn like you described a lot during my pregnancy and nearly anything physical used to trigger it, even hanging the washing out! I found the liquid mylanta really helped, my midwife advised to try other things first though like peppermint tea or giner, but none of them worked so I tried the mylanta, tastes gross though but worth it, I probably drunk litres of it if you add it all up.
I would def double check with your midwife though if your worried
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 2:23pm
Yah I spoke to her and she said that it is common to have heartburn like mine....tho she thought I would have had them way before...I am lucky! (Yah right!!!)

She said get some gavascon(??) or mylanta. So I am going to go and get me some!

Tastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 6:19pm
Hey there, I got it really bad, and I too was in tears most nights! I brought myself Mylanta Tabs.. in fruit flavour.. so they were quite nice and.. they are only $1-2 per pack depending where you go.
Give them a try

Good luck

Trish
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 8:33pm
i just read somewhere that bananas are supposed to be good for heartburn too, the milk never worked much for me but did take mylanta and that worked ok.

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 9:21pm
I had it quite bad from about 20-something weeks. My midwife said to try liquid Gaviscon, which I did and it helped but then made me throw up (damn morning sickness!). She also said that drinking milk is only a quick fix and might make it worse long term by neutralising the acid which makes the stomach want to work overtime and make more. Don't know if that's right or not tho.
I found that certain foods set it off too, esp mince (which I still can't eat even now), cucumber, lettuce and canned spaghetti.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 9:51pm
also try limiting eating just before you go to bed, and sleep with a fe extra pillows so that you are more upright.. that way there is less chance that acid will reflux back into your esophagus. sorry to tell you, it's prety common as baby gets bigger, cos she will push on your tummy and also all those lovely hormones make the mucsles that hold your tummy closed all loose so they don't close properly. try to limit spicy food too. Sorry
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 10:29pm
I got really bad heartburn too. Just starting to get the sensations again which is icky. I have no idea what I can take over here so may be a phone call to mum this weekend I think....
Tastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 9:07am
Yep Bananas work.. but only have 1 a day as they can make you constipated(sp)
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 9:15am
I went a bought myself a HUGE bottle of Gavascon....took some last night (Yuk yuk yak )

But slept sooooo well!!!!

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 11:01am
there are 2 different flavours of it, apparently the other one, not the mint one is nicest.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 11:42am
It was pink...and not mint...it was still horrible!!!

AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 1:33pm
But better than heartburn aye

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 1:45pm
Any day....LOL

aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 7:38pm
Yeah I need to try some of that too. It hasnt been too bad - earlier on it was a few foods that caused it but now its everything! Less room in there now! Makes me cough a lot cos the acid irritates at the back of my throat
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Tastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 8:22pm
Roksana.. try the milanta tabs.. I found it worked really well and wasnt bad in taste either.. well the fruit flavoured ones were'nt. I saw them today at pak n save for 0.99c per packets of tablets.

Trish
Xander&Harmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2005 at 8:57am
the pink one is aniseed flavoured.i had the mint one thinking itd be nice ewwwww gross wasd i wrong.only took two doses lol
BECS

Angel Baby 10/07/09 (10wks4days)
bonjovi6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonjovi6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2005 at 10:25am
Hey Roksana, what does sleep feel like???? Its been so long I've forgotten(well, only half joking)
I've been having a bit of heartburn to. Just to make things really lovely, the morning sickness has come back to. Sorry, dont have any suggestions.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>