FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFive W’s?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Five W’s?
    Posted: 05 September 2005 at 11:10am
Just wondering if any of you have heard about or tried five w's? One of the others at antenatal classes sweared by it along with raspberry leaf tea. Apparetnly its a herbal product you take daily for your last five weeks of pregnancy. Works similar to rasp leaf tea in improving uterine tone etc and supposedly making labour easier and shorter. Am going to go and investigate at the health shop. Couldnt find much about it online. Also anyone done perineal massage? From what I've read there doesnt appear to be any consensus on whether it helps reduce tearing or not, but I'm open to anything!
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Sponsored Links

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2005 at 11:16am
I heard about the perineal massage in my antenatal classes....I dont know if I feel comfortable enough to do them..... Did not hear about the rasberry leaf tea before...let me know what you find out!

mumstheword View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumstheword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2005 at 11:29am
The perinanl massage thing scared me..lol if you keep stretching the thing for that long will it ever go back??? and the rasberry tea is great i havnt used it but allm y friends that have gone full term have and they reckon it was great to help get everything back to normal.... and with there labours no body laboured for more than 8hrs and 9 of my friends used the tea?? coincidence or does it work???
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2005 at 11:47am
lol yeah I know the perineal massage sounds a little scary! Curious to know whether it actually makes a difference or not - i think not?
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
mumstheword View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumstheword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2005 at 11:49am
LOL i know 3 people that did the massage and they all had stitches???? im not keento try it lol
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2005 at 11:50am
well thats enuf evidence for me!! Dont wanna bother doing that if its not gonna work!!!
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2005 at 12:01pm
I'm not sure if it's good or not. I took 5-W for about 5 weeks but gave up in the last 2 weeks. No tearing tho??? So maybe it did something?
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2005 at 12:18pm
I took raspberry leaf in the last two months I think and had a really quick labour. they say that it can cause premature labour....Jake was two weeks overdue.
I must say though, put some honey in it, cause it's pretty.....interesting.
newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2005 at 2:08pm
I drunk raspberry leaf tea probably the last couple of months before giving birth, not like every day but a few times a week. No tearing or anything with me and my uterus has gone back really quickly. Josef was born 9 days early but I don't know if it had anything to do with the tea. I liked the taste and had it without anything added.

Never did perenial massage and had no tearing... sounded a bit weird to me too...

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2005 at 2:12pm
meant to do the massage thing but never did... brought raspberry leaf tea, had 1 cup and never had any more... lol. 1st labour was 5 hours a few stitches, 2nd labour 3.5 hrs no stitches... so while there's evidence to suggest these things can help-... maybe just being fit and healthy and limber does the trick... lol
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2005 at 2:20pm
where do you get this Raspberry Leaf tea?

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2005 at 2:23pm
at the supermarket in the tea isle... it's with the herbal teas.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2005 at 2:25pm
or any healthfood shop

newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2005 at 2:25pm
actually I still have half a pack here... the last cup I had was when I was in labour because I thought it might help the contractions be less painful hehehehehe

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2005 at 3:18pm
mum got it for me from woolworths. pretty cheap too. It was nice as I was trying to cut down on coffee.

Tried the massage thing once....hmmmm....not too impressed. I figured in the end, everything will be okay. I had some stitches and I can honestly say I did not feel the tearing or the stitches afterwards, although was a bit scared of the toilet trips there for a while.
nadine05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nadine05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2005 at 4:47pm
I would reccommend 5 W. It tones and prepares the uterus to prepare for labour. It supposedly cuts out alot of the 'mucking around' contractions that happen in early labour for alot of women having their 1st babies. These mucking around contractions are enough to keep you awake and annoy you but do little to make changes in the cervix (abit of a waste of time and energy!) so therefore make for a quicker more effective labour. Rasberry leaf tea does the same but 5w has more ingredients in it - heightening its effects. 5w is taken in the last 5 wks of pregnancy and rasberry leaf can be taken from 28 wks 1 cup per day, working your way up to 3 cups by 36weeks. Dont take either if you have a history of prem labour! Hope this helps!!!
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2005 at 8:37pm
the woman who works in the natural remedies store in Palmy also swore by evening primrose oil inserted near the cervix. Isn't weird what you discuss with complete strangers with bubbas??
bonjovi6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonjovi6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2005 at 7:51am
I've just read about the massage thing and I wont be trying it. In the pamphlets I've just read it quite clearly says, "There is no evidence to say it helps"
As for the tea, well, I've tryed it in the past and I really dont like the taste

AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2005 at 9:14am
yep i used evening primrose. I think it helped. All i can say is, do it at night and wear old undies.

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2005 at 11:31am
i had full intentions on doing the massage, but...never could get myself to do it. in the end i had a c-section anyway so it didn't matter
i've just read on the xtra homepage britney spears is hoping for a c-section next month cos she doesn't want to be in pain!!!!!!! good god!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>