FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMidwives-Chch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
faewie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote faewie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Midwives-Chch
    Posted: 07 September 2005 at 3:09pm
Hey there everybody!

Im newly pregnant (yawyaw!!!) and finding the whole finding a midwife quite daunting! My friends have given me names of their past midwives all I have is jean and leann (pronounced le-ahn) no last name no #! if anyone could help thatd be fabulous:)
thanks so much!

Lissel
Sponsored Links

newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 5:51pm
Congratulations on your pregnancy! Try looking in your phonebook for independant midwives or call
0800 MUM 2 BE and they will send you out a list of midwives in your city/area.
Hope this helps!

faewie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote faewie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 9:23pm
Excellent thank you!
:)
Xander&Harmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 7:43am
ur not lissel as in nz idol contestant Lissel??? lol
BECS

Angel Baby 10/07/09 (10wks4days)
lou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 7:59am

Can't help with the above names, but I'm with Celia Grigg from Midwife Associates and I'm finding her really good.  It's always good to meet with/ring at least a couple of midwifes to see who will suit you best.  Another really good place to go is the Midwifery Resource Centre on Manchester Street. They have lots of information, and pamflets and stuff from different midwife groups, the phone number will be in the phone book

Hope this helps and all the best with your pregnancy

Mother to two beautiful children - Sophie age 6 and Ephraim age 4

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 10:36am
Hey Lou, Celia Grigg was my midwife when I had Jack!
She is REALLY good and I always tell people to ring her.
At 35wks she suspected Jack was still breech, after I had been told by 2 different midwifes and a doctor that he was head down. She sent me off for a scan and sure enough, he was breech. That reassured me that I'd definately chosen the right midwife and she knew what she was on about.
I'm hoping to have her as a midwife for my next bubs.
Lissel, when you meet with people ask them if they deliver at all hospitals because some only go to specific places.

Good Luck

shelby68 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelby68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 12:30pm
Hi

I have a really good one Liz Mcleod and she is in Innes road with Merivale Midwifes, really chatty informative etc and has been great to talk to on all those silly things, her number is 352 0178 at home the rooms are 355 6759 but hard to get them on that line as they are in and out but leave a message and she will get back, she has just been on holidays too so not going for another year so holidays shouldnt be a problem etc for due dates......
Good Luck
faewie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote faewie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 1:51pm
Yes actually I am Lissel from NZ idol!!! lol, So its actually quite good I didnt make it through any further!lol
Thanks everyone for the great feedback, I have spoken to a few midwives but they didn't "feel" quite right so its been a bit daunting. I will pop into the resource centre in town too.

Cheers!
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 2:26pm
How far along are you? You should get a ticker so we can see how long you have to go and add your name to the due date list if you havent already.

Welcome and congrats by the way
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 4:19pm
kool,congrats on ur preggy too.u will be an addict in no time lol
BECS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 4:21pm
secretly,i thought u were better than teresa.shes prob a nice grl but i wasnt too taken with her style.
BECS

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 10:41pm
Ooh, i love those idol programmes! I think a lot of the time people are better of NOT winning. I mean, putting out a CD in a week or so....thats some top-quality recording I bet!
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2005 at 2:07pm
hahaha you guys are obviously easily addicted to anything! idol drives me nuts no one good ever wins!

anyway.... congratulations Lissel! Hope you find the right midwife. Makes all the difference having someone you trust and feel comfortable with. Especially considering they may at some point be in very private situations with ya
 Post Reply Post Reply