FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSuper Tired

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
faewie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote faewie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Super Tired
    Posted: 12 September 2005 at 12:09pm
Howdy folks!!!

One thing Im having difficulty with is my super tiredness,,, Being a muso Ive been used to working all day Friday and Saturday then having a berrocca and redbull (nasty!) and going to my gigs at night! Sundays used to be my lax day and and now im working 10-2 at the restaurant, 3-7 at my first gig then 9-12 at my second gig! I have lil naps when I get home during the week and try to on a friday before my gig that night, Im just wondering if theres anything I can have to help with my energy levels that wont harm the bebe. Im already taking iron as I was already low... hmmmmm mebe just handle! lol
Sponsored Links

newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2005 at 12:23pm
just sleeeeeep really!

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2005 at 1:53pm
lots of sleeeeep. hhhm also make sure you are taking vit C with your iron at the same time... or having plenty of big glasses of orange juice (make sure it's the real stuff).... also, don't have milk an hour or so either side of taking the iron tab as calcium interferes with iron absorption.

apparently my midwife said lucozade is ok to have while preggers, but i wouldn't go drinking too much... just as a last resort really... it's great to help if you get a cold while preggy cos it gives you lots of energy to make you feel better. might pay to re-check that with your midwife...

just remember though... your tiredness is probably also related to the stage of pregnancy you are at.. it should start to get better in a few weeks. i know that's not much help right now.... but something to look forward to. in the meantime eat well, get sleep when you can and take care of yourself.

Edited by mum2paris
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2005 at 1:58pm
i am getting really tired too, but i KNOW mine is related to lack of iron. the days I rememer to take my tablets are sooooo much bettre than if I forget.
on the weekends i always have a nap....not too long though cause it canalmost feel worse!
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2005 at 3:28pm
My first trimester I was studying during the day and working at a pub during the night (often until 5am) and I used every single free moment to sleep. I never quite seemed to wake up properly and who knows how I managed to make it to lectures! (Actually probably didn't now I think about it)

Hang in there... second trimester seems to be better for most people!
preggy_sunflower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote preggy_sunflower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2005 at 3:46pm
Yup, tired, tired, tired!! I'm still finding myself totally exhausted round 4pm (ooh,now!) and heading home for a bath and nap. I can't suggest anything to get past this, but sleeeeeeeeeeep And loads of it. By the way girls, morning sickness starting to calm a little, only 5 or 6 throw ups a day at present!!!
Joshua Hadynn - Born 3 May 2006
faewie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote faewie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2005 at 4:30pm
kewl, thanx everyone! Sleep it is! lol. And i hate to say it, but i have had NO morning sickness,,, i kinda want it! lol, the whole pregnant experience! lol... yes mad i know!
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2005 at 4:42pm
U so dont want morning sickness Glad to hear yours is improving Clare

Totally agree with everyone else on the sleep thing.
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Xander&Harmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2005 at 4:49pm

be glad u dont have it lissel lol

when i was preggers with Xander I was weird with m/s. 5 monday mornings in a row and the last week i was sick on the wed also.that was due to havin to skull bak a 750ml bottle of water for my scan on the way to get scan lol and as soon as we pulled up i opened the door and out came all the water i had drunk but scan went ok and nuthing for the rest of his preg.

BUT on the other hand i was nauseous all day everyday for the first 16 weeks I was pregnant with Harmony,and had massive headaches bad enuff to put me in bed to try ease them (bit hard to sleep it off with a almost 2 yr old boy lol)

bt yeah sleep and maybe ask a pharmisists if they suggest someething or go to a shop like health2000 or healthy living(health shops is wot im trying to get at lmao).

Yeah 2nd trimester definatly better than 1st bt 3rd is as bad as 1st  when heartburn kicks in ewwww

Anyway..........

BECS

Angel Baby 10/07/09 (10wks4days)
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2005 at 2:03pm
Thanks for the iron thing Janine, I take Iron+ Vit C and I usually take it in the morning with my breakfast smoothie. I never knew that the milk would affect the iron absorption. I might start taking them at night instead.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
 Post Reply Post Reply