FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedhayfever

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hayfever
    Posted: 12 September 2005 at 3:47pm
okay, have really bad hayfever and have spent the past weekend with my nose running like a tap and my eyes all watery and sore. Problem is the only hayfever medicine I have has "an unknown effect on unborn children" sao I'm a tad reluctant to take it. Anyone know what's safe, that can be sent to me. japanese stuff sucks
Sponsored Links

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2005 at 3:51pm
Tried acupuncture for hayfever?
Just read that it can be quite helpful and safe while preggo
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2005 at 4:46pm
Me too!! The doc said nasal sprays are ok but not all of them. The pharmacist gave me one called At-eze. Have tried it but the spray just makes me sneeze more so not that keen on it. But if you dont mind sprays might be worth a go. Good luck, hayfever sucks!
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2005 at 5:54pm
i hate doctors over here so they thought of letting some random guy stick needles in me is not reassuring. My OB told me the othre day that women shouldn't yell during childbirth because "it doesn't hurt that much and the baby will be traumatised if it hear's it's mother yell as it's first sounds".....hence, have only been to the doctor twice this time.
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2005 at 6:22pm
OMG! Am assuming that the OB is a male?!
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
bonjovi6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonjovi6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2005 at 6:51pm
Hi lizzle.
As far as I know all antihistamines are not good, early on in pregnancy. I am allergic to bee's, bumble bees and wasps and have to take something for it. I use to use teldine but knew I'd have to change for pregnancy so went into one chemist and the bloody woman told me nothing was safe so just put up with the pain. What a stupid B###h, I had told her that it wasnt just a discomfort so walked out before I slapped her. Its not just discomfort, I swell up and believe it or not, the pain is way worse than labour.
So I went to another chemist and explaned what the other woman said and even she couldnt believe it.
Anyway, she looked up in her book and found there are antihistamines that are safer but the tests are still inconclusive. All I can suggest is talk to a chemist over there and make sure they look up in their book.
Oh and tell your OB to shove it.

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2005 at 7:00pm
yeah, doctors are like gods over here. god forbid you have questions. one scoffed at me when i said that i had cut sushi oput of my diet "you can't get sick from sushi in Japan"...i now ignore him, do my own thing, and will use him to get a cert. for the airline before seeing my lovely midwife back in NZ!! Am looking forward to being able to communicate effectively again!
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2005 at 1:15am
sorry ladies. Just need to rant so feel free to ignore this if you want. I really wanna talk to mum,b ut she worries so much about me being far away that I try and let her think everything is okay....well, it is really except
PREGNANCY SUCKS!!!!
so i have really bad hayfever and spent the last weekend alternating sneezing and blowing my nose
i have really bad gas that gave me terrible stomachaches
m,y tummy is stretching and it hurts
my ankles are now cankles
i have icky dark patches on my face
there are suspicious black hairs in places where previously there were none and it hurts to pluck
i can't eat too much as my stomach is smaller
clothes don't fit

well, as you can see, it's eerything and nothing really. I had a dream first trimester and I guess now it's making up for it. roll on thrid trimes6ter.....must be better......
bonjovi6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonjovi6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2005 at 7:58am
So, your going to be back in NZ before bubs is born? If so, when do you come back?
Sorry to disappoint but for me the third trimester has been a nightmare. I am in so much pain, its just not funny.
My lower back is so bad now that if I try to turn over at night, I very nearly scream(in fact last night I did, but luckly I kept my mouth shut so no-one heard). I took pain killers the other day and it didnt do anything to relieve the pain.
You should see me trying to walk now, I shuffle. Its worse if I've been sitting down, even if its only for 10 minutes.
Roll on due date

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2005 at 3:34pm
oooh i was like that, shuffling around, but that's cos of my pelvis not my back. really sucked that we lived upstairs.. got so painful trying to climb up and down that i kinda stopped going out most of the time.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2005 at 3:40pm
It really does suck sometimes doesnt it Lizzle?! Before I got preggy didnt really realise there was so many problems/pains/weird things that happen to your body! I was talking to a friend last night who is really clucky and I think I may have put her off by telling her about the dislocated rib, indigestion, pelvic pain..... Shes a physio as well, as has been doing maternity/obstetrics recently - treating grade 3 tears (!), joint pains etc but all the mums say its worth it all to have their lovely babies!!
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2005 at 6:57pm
oh lizzle.. don't worry, it'll be over before you know it!
and bitch away, it's nice to be reminded so i don't go and do it myself!
[ick, had a nightmare the other night that i was pregnant. scared the crap out of me!]
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2005 at 10:47pm
yeah, its hard to put up with all those pregnancy things without a little smiling face. I mean jake is a little terror at times, but when he giggles all is fine!! this baby better be cute....or.....i'll put it back.....ouch...maybe not.

BTW feeling better today despite having a crap day at work. I've decided all teachers at myt work are complete imbeciles and should be shot.
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2005 at 9:21am
LOL....LIZ you are in a funny mood today huh?......

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2005 at 10:33am
hormones!
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2005 at 2:24pm
Always a good excuse those hormones!
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2005 at 2:38pm
yap I blame every thing on that!!!

Post Reply Post Reply