FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBed Time Dramas

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
k&jsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k&jsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bed Time Dramas
    Posted: 16 September 2005 at 7:53pm
Hi have just started having issues at bedtime with my 23mth old twins. They have been really good at going to bed but just recently my oldest twin Keegan has been getting out of bed and annoying Jaidyn who is usually unimpressed with it all - doesnt help that Keegs sits on him and bounces up and down
Anyway I have tried putting Keegs straight back into bed but he just gets out and goes to Jaidyn again. I dont have a spare room to try him in either so have resorted to keeping Keegs up later than Jaidyn around 1/2 - 1hr to tire him out. I feel like he is getting rewarded for bad behaviour and really want to fix although I do admit I love the one on one cuddles
I dont want to keep Jaidyn up as he is really ready for bed by then although I may just give that a try.
Anyway I want Keegs to understand that its not ok to annoy Jaidyn or wake him up to play. Takes about 15-30 mins after going to bed b4 it happens.
So does anyone out there have any ideas??

Cheers
Marlene
Marlene
Keegan ~ 14 October 2003
Jaidyn ~ 14 October 2003

Sponsored Links

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2005 at 8:18pm
maybe you could try putting Keegan to bed earlier... that way he isn't rewarded.. and he has time to go to sleep maybe before you stick Jaidyn to bed?
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

lenabeanz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lenabeanz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2005 at 10:09pm
Do you read them a story at night? With my daughter (I only have one so I dont have the issue with twins) - I spend half an hour before bed reading a story and calming her down.
If you can, tell Keggs that if he is a good boy he can get a treat in the morning (something that he likes that he doesnt get often - a toy etc) and try and keep it fair so Jaidyn gets something too.
I will talk to a friend of mine who has 3 1/2 year old twins and see what she did with her girls (they were terrors!)

Good Luck
HelenElla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HelenElla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2005 at 11:09am
I agree with the lady above. I also only have one to worry about but for a week I had another 2yr old staying with us who had to share a room with Chloe and the first night was a nightmare with the other little girl waking up Chloe several times a night. The next day I made up a sticker chart and told them if they both stayed in their beds all night they would get a sticker under their name. So during their afternoon sleep the same thing happened and Chloe got a sticker on the chart but the other girl didn't, that night they I minded them both about the sticker chart before going to bed and they were both so determined they both stayed in their beds all night.
k&jsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k&jsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2005 at 11:33pm
hi guys haev finaaly kind of worked something out with the boys although we have been away heaps. I figure keegan needs more time to unwind (they get stories and cuddles etc) and he has a great sleep during the day and goes dwon really well - dont even hear a peep so have been putting him down about 15min after jaidyn. its almost like he wants keegan and mum time only. but would be great if you talk to your friend and see what she has to say - and also i am on my own raising them so it can do my head in at times as i dont have anyone else to turn to for support
Marlene
Keegan ~ 14 October 2003
Jaidyn ~ 14 October 2003

Post Reply Post Reply