FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow soon After a Miscarriage..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How soon After a Miscarriage..
    Posted: 29 July 2007 at 8:41pm
Can you fall pregnant again? Im not sure but...Ive felt really tired today and stuff, we have had unprotected sex since I was allowed to have sex again a few weeks ago...so what are the chances?

Edited by Sheza

Sponsored Links

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2007 at 9:03pm
I guess just the same as in a normal cycle. The only difference is that how long it takes you to start ovulating again can vary hugely, for some people it's only 10-14 days, for others it's weeks or even months.
I got AF 28 days after my d and c which was 2 days longer than a normal 26 day cycle for me so I probably ovulated between 2-3 weeks post m/c. I fell pregnant in the next cycle.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2007 at 7:41am
hey sheza, a lot of ppl fall pregnant after a miscarriage, without even getting their period back, or if they do get their period back then its the very next cycle.

only way to know is to do a test, then if its a bfn test again in a few days.

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2007 at 8:16am
Some ppl say that you have slightly increased chances immediately after a m/c. My SIL conceived in her next cycle, I had a period in between but it was late, and then long. (both of us had natural m/c).

Edited by busymum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2007 at 12:59pm
Hmm, I might do a test in a week or so just to check...if I do one now I might get a bfp because I may still have hcg in my system? I think Il wait a few weeks and see how I feel, I dont have sore boobs or anything, just tired, and peeing a bit, but that "could" be cos af is due..not sure, I feel a bit out of sync with my body after the miscarriage if that makes sense?

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2007 at 1:13pm
That's true. I'm not sure how long after m/c you can still get a BFP though, I got a BFN 5 weeks after my m/c start date, and AF turned up around then too. Sometimes your body can have a break from ovulating, similar to after having had a baby. When I didn't have my AF back yet I mentioned it to my doctor who suggested my body might do that (have a break) so I told myself I couldn't get pg for 3 months. Funny thing was that I got pg around that time but didn't know for ages, and even after I knew I kept on drinking wine (not to excess, just social glass with dinner) because I was so convinced I couldn't get pg LOL
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2007 at 6:11pm
Your hCG levels should return to <5 within a few days of the bleeding stopping after your m/c. I had mine tested at 1 mth post m/c as there were some abnormalities detected in the tissue samples after my d and c and it was 5<.
So I'd say if you get a BFP now it's because you're pregnant again. But given that it's only just over 3 weeks since your m/c even if you have conceived again it is probably still early to show on a HPT.
Best of luck!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
My3Sons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote My3Sons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2007 at 9:29am

Hiya Sheza,

It can happen!!  I got pregnant with Leo while waiting for AF after my miscarriage.  I had been bleeding for several weeks though, and kept having blood tests to make sure my HCG was going down.  I'm sure you could get a blood test done if you wanted to see what your HCG levels are at??  Good luck, I hope you get that BFP soon!!

Mum to Mr 10, Mr 6 and Mr 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2007 at 7:23pm
I will be shocked if I am pregnant, me and DF had decided to wait until after we were married, but we got a bit carroed away in the heat of the moment a few times and yeah...lol We have just put our selves in around $3000 debt with out new couches and bedroom furniture haha oh dear...but we have talked about it and if I am pregnant again then we will be happy and we will manage

Post Reply Post Reply