FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLots of Questions!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
preggy_sunflower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote preggy_sunflower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lots of Questions!
    Posted: 26 September 2005 at 2:15pm
Hello ladies I'm wondering about when to book in for antenatal classes & how/when to register with Plunket??? I don't want to get all over excited like I tend to do and get it all done too soon, but certainly don't want to miss out..... can anyone suggest what time frame would be right?
Joshua Hadynn - Born 3 May 2006
Sponsored Links

98765 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98765 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2005 at 2:18pm
I booked in for classes when I was about 12 or so weeks my midwife told me 2 do it early so i wouldn't miss out. I'm booked in at the hospital I'm going 2 have the baby at

www.jackkeith.blogspot.com
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2005 at 2:25pm
Your midwife will book you with Plunket when your baby is a few weeks old. I booked antenatal classes at about 18 weeks I think, and did them at 24 weeks as I was due in February and wanted to get the classes done before xmas.
If you want to hire a Plunket carseat I would ring your local Plunket now and arrange it as they tend to be booked out early.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote preggy_sunflower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2005 at 2:30pm
Thanks girls - fabulous as always

Do any of the Aucklanders meet for coffee or anything? I'd be keen to start something up if anyone was interested.
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2005 at 8:59am
Hey Clare....I just booked my car seat (capsule) last week from plunket at Papatoetoe and they had loads of stock.....I was a bit late and just got in for my antenatal classes and started them at 28 weeks, they went on for 4 weeks (3 hour classes) so that was not too bad....

I did not even know I had to register with plunket so this is news to me....LOL!

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2005 at 10:38am
We'd be up for coffee. We'll be in Australia all next week, but after that we're free.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote preggy_sunflower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2005 at 10:22am
That sounds fab!

I have another question ladies - sorry to be so demanding!! But when I should I go for my first scan?? I'm getting really annoyed with my GP, who quite frankly isn't taking me seriously at all. I had to change GP's as my previous one was on Queen St, and I now work in Mt Roskill so was easier to change. I am not supposed to be able to have children, as I've had cervical cancer and had a lot of surgery on my cervix. So as you can imagine I've been looking for lots of reasurrance that all is ok as things progress. I had to push and push her before she referred me to the High Risk Clinic, and so far have had no joy in even being told what tests to expect, when I need to book in for antenatal classes or anything I'm feeling really bitter about it all!! Can anyone give me any advice on what I should be doing? I read on mzmitch's first post that she's already been for a scan and we're due round the same time.... That makes me think I should have been already too......
Tastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2005 at 10:54am
Hey I just did a search and found this info about scans. I hope it helps

Trish
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2005 at 10:55am
Clare in all honesty...your doc seems a bit of a slack. If you are in high risk clinic they should have sent you to scans by now. I am also in high risk clinic and had several scans to make sure my placenta is right, baby is growing fine etc etc.....I had my first scan at 7 weeks (but that was because I did not know how pregnant I was) and then one at 8 weeks and 10 weeks (when I started bleeding). But I know that you should have had atleast one scan by now to make sure all is well.

Have you been assigned a midwife? ask her to give you a form and book a scan. Your next scan should be at 18 weeks unless they have concerns. Have you done your bloods yet? Dont worry too much about the Antenatal classes yet as you have loads of time. Your main target at the moment should be to reach 24 weeks....then you know you and bub is fine. (Well atleast that was what I got told).

just keep bugging your docs and stress to them that you are concerned and need some action NOW! Remember it is your baby and your health not theirs!

Sorry to go on and on.....good luck!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote preggy_sunflower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2005 at 11:10am
I've only been referred to high risk (well, at least she SAID she was referring me). I haven't heard from them yet. I've had the antenatal bloods done (my old gp did them when I first found out I was pregnant). No midwife yet - am I supposed to find someone or does my gp do that or what???? I'm getting all upset about this now
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2005 at 11:22am
I was told that you have to find your own midwife but not when you are at high risk clinic...they have special midwife. My midwife told me that she will be there when I give birth but it will be a doc who will deliver my baby (since I am at high Risk clinic).

Dont be upset clare....at times our health system is not the best....but I was taken care of quite well, I must admit. I went to high Risk clinic every 4 weeks for 1st and 2nd Trimester and then every 2 weeks. I had a scan every 4 weeks from 20 weeks on...and was assigned a midwife on my first appt at the clinic.

Please call your GP and bug them until they give you an answer. Are you going to be at Akl hospital? If you are then call their maternity ward and tell them that you were going to be refered to the high risk clinic and you have heard nothing. I called them a few times when I was waiting to hear from them....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote preggy_sunflower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2005 at 12:10pm
Thanks Roksana, you're a darling I just called them, and I have an appointment on the 10th of October, with a Domino midwife or something... does that sound right? Sorry for getting all upset - I just hate not having a clue as to what I's supposed to be doing. Also, my partner called and harassed the doctors this morning and we have an appt for a scan this coming Monday. Will finally get to see my baby!!
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2005 at 12:21pm
Good on you!!!

I know how you must have felt...I would have been angry too!!!

Good on your partner....some time you just need to give them a piece of your mind to get things going....

I have my scan this Monday too. We can let each other know how it went....

By the way if you are under Akl hospital then you also get free 3D Scans (not us Sth Aklders)....

You know where the Mt Roskill Valentines is? they are just next door. for your 18 week scan book it with them...its so much nicer to get a 3D video then a black and white 2D one.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote preggy_sunflower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2005 at 12:30pm
Mt Roskill valentines??? Nope, don't know where that is. Not Mt Eden Valentines????
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2005 at 12:37pm
Sorry.....shows how much I know...he he ha ha

Yah the one on Balmoral Rd! I think they are called Auckland Xray Services....I have the phone number (Some where) I can give it to you later....

aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2005 at 12:47pm
Good on you Clare. Unfortunately sometims you have to get on their backs to get things done, but its important. Good luck with your scan - its really exciting seeing bubs 4 the first time!
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2005 at 9:17pm
Domino midwives are the hospital team, so you should be well looked after. Good luck with everything!
I had my first scan at 8 weeks as I was having a kidney ultrasound and couldn't resist the opportunity to see bubs. If you are worried, ask your midwife and she should refer you for a scan to help ease your mind.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
lenabeanz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lenabeanz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2005 at 9:21pm
Just had a thought, there is a Pregnancy "Counselling" Hotline - not sure of their phone number, should be in the phone book or on google.
Can just ring them and ask what steps you should take next.
Another option is to go to a community birth services type place (we have one here in PN). They are good.

All the best

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote preggy_sunflower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2005 at 9:21am
I have my first scan today at 2.15pm! Am so excited!!
newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2005 at 9:22am
Yay!! You will LOVE it!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>