FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBirthcare

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
YvetteandElla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YvetteandElla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Birthcare
    Posted: 07 August 2007 at 3:03pm
Hey,

For any of you that are going to birthcare - what do they provide eg pads nappies, clothing for babies

Am just packing my bag and am not sure if they provide bubs clothing etc

Sponsored Links

caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2007 at 3:17pm
Going back 3 years now...

They provided us with:
10x huggies nappies
Some of the big surfboard pads
Johnsons nappy liners for washing bubs bottom
We dressed Ella in her own clothes at the hospital so not sure on that one.

They have a 'what to bring' list on their site here
that you might find helpful
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

YvetteandElla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YvetteandElla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2007 at 3:58pm
Thank you - I dont know why I did not manage to find this - I have packed a whole lot of clothes

How much of each do you think I will need?

MelanieAndBree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelanieAndBree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2007 at 4:34pm
I think i went over board lol. I packed so much clothes for her but i dont want to get there and need something and not have it ya know. And plus i wouldnt have a clue what i need so i just chucked in whatever, using a list from OhBaby! as a basic guide hehe.
Better to be over prepared i guess... hehe.
Melanie.
Mum to Briahna Robyn, 3yrs
KiwiWonder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiWonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2007 at 8:13pm
When I was there a year ago, they provided Huggies NB nappies (my pack ran out whilst we were there and they were happy to give me another) and the surfboard maternity pads as mentioned above and there were chux type cloths for wiping baby's bum.

Margo
Mikaela View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikaela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2007 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by KiwiWonder KiwiWonder wrote:

When I was there a year ago, they provided Huggies NB nappies (my pack ran out whilst we were there and they were happy to give me another) and the surfboard maternity pads as mentioned above and there were chux type cloths for wiping baby's bum.

Yep, I was just there a fortnight ago and that's exactly what they provided. They gave me loads of surfboard pads, about three packs in the end I think! Didn't run out of Huggies while we were there, but the midwife kept asking if we wanted more. The chux cloths are good for newborn bottoms, you just wet them at the sink right next to the change table. You can take your own wipes if you want, but we found the chux ones better on his bottom than the Huggies ones we'd bought. We're actually still using them now, all the bought wipes are sitting unopened on the change table still.

Birthcare don't provide any clothing for you or bubs though. They do provide a bed and bedding for DH if you're in a private room but not if you're in a shared room. You can order extra meals for DH if you want (again, if you're in a private room) but seriously the meals there are huge and we just shared my food every time, with him ducking out every so often to get an extra snack.
 Post Reply Post Reply