FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWork!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Work!!!
    Posted: 09 August 2007 at 7:53pm
Im so sick of my work....I feel that I have done pretty good at work considering the circumstances. I went back to work 3 days after the m/c and I was still bleeding and having clots when I went back, and I have only had 1 and a half days off since then, one day I wasnt feeling well and on Wednesday I went home early cos I have AF now and its pretty bad.
And my boss just doesnt seem very...sympathetic, and this afternoon she said she wants me and her to have a little chat tomorrow morning, so now Im stressing about it cos Im worried she is going to talk to me about the time Ive had off....where I think thats not fair cos Ive been through a lot this month and its been so hard for me.
I might be over reacting but I cant help it, I mean on Tuesday night I had a break down and cried and cried to my nana and hyperventalated(sp?) it was horrible!

I dont know...I just feel angry if I am going to have to try and explain how Im feeling and stuff.

Am I being silly?

Sponsored Links

emmaohara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmaohara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 10:13am
You are not being silly at all, just sit and prepare what you are going to say to your boss, they would have to be pretty hard not to have some understanding and sympathy for you at this time, mind you i've had idiot bosses in my past so i'm with you!!

Try not to worry about it ( hard I know I stress things over in my head a million times) but as long as you are prepared you should feel a bit better and if you cry over her then don't worry its her fault for stressing you out, good luck

my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 4:39pm
how did you go with your boss?
caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 5:54pm
I hope it wasn't a horrible meeting Sheza.

It sounds like you've done amazingly well for them considering your circumstances.
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

leannie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leannie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 6:55pm
hey, don't feel like you have to explain how this has made you feel. it is an incredibly emotional time and your employer has to understand that, even if they don't on a personal level. when i miscarried i had 5 days off because i couldn't cope with being at work. and emotionally things got worse as time went on.
ask your doctor/midwife for a certificate for the days you need off - legally they can't have you at work if your doctor says you can't be there.
and your boss might surprise you ... she might want to offer you more support
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 9:48pm
How did it go?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2007 at 12:30am
It was horrible!!!
Firstly they pulled me up on my sick days!!! They said I have had 12 sick days, 5 of them are when I was on leave for the m/c with a docotrs cert and then 2 after that due to my period after the m/c which was quite painful, the other 4 were during other times, colds etc so really if I hadnt of m/c then I would have only had 4 days off, I dont see how that is so bad!
And then secondly they pulled me up on my order entry, they say Im not entering enough orders and that I need to "Up my Game" and when I tried to stand up for myself by saying I do a lot filing and I answer 80% of the phone calls she bit my head off and said she doesnt want to hear excuses!!! Im SO angry.
They said that they "Understand" Im going through a hard time, so why the hell did they do this now.
So now they have given me 4 weeks to "Prove myself" and then they will review me again to see if I am deserving of a pay rise!!
I didnt think I was doing that bad a job at work, the customers all like me, and I always do my work, I may not be as fast as the other two girls i work with but I try my hardest.
Im looking for a new job cos Im at my wits end with these idiots.

Edited by Sheza

caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2007 at 12:52am

How rude and insensitive! I hope you find a new job soon Sheza!

ETA: I love your avatar! Everytime I see it I want a kitten!

Edited by caraMel
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2007 at 1:13am
hehe omg I know its SO cute!!! I want a big fluffy ragdoll cat or a persian(sp?) hehe!!

Yes Im going to look for another job asap, Im so angry about this

Edited by Sheza

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2007 at 1:02pm
Yea go ahead and look for another job since you have 4 weeks' notice effectively
emachan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2007 at 5:15pm
that totally sucks Sheza - its so unfair that they are pulling you up on your sick days - I wonder what they'd be like if they ever had to go through this..... probably a lot more sympathetic.

Good luck finding a new job in the meantime - I guess you'll keep working there until you get a new job?

em

DD#1 Sept 08
DD#2 Oct 09

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2007 at 6:29pm
Yeah Ill stay there until I find something else....they will probably be angry with me for leaving.

Post Reply Post Reply