FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedObsessed with TTC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
MelandBri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelandBri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Obsessed with TTC
    Posted: 10 August 2007 at 12:31pm
We haven't even officially started ttc yet, just waiting for AF to finish, but I am so obsessed with being pregnant again.
I have been buying pregnancy mags, I'm constantly on the net looking up pregnancy websites, looking at maternity clothes, I even bought a pair of maternity jeans as they were on sale. I even have a supply of HPT's ready and waiting to be used.
Its all I can think about.
Please tell me I'm not the only one this obsessed
Sponsored Links

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 12:39pm
can sympathise with you.. for the 1 month, (yes 1 month, sad i know) when we tried to conceive before giving up and accepting 2 was our lot..(thanks to mike saying no, then him finally being declared sterile) I was a bit this way, looking at tiny baby clothes on sale wondering if i should just buy some, all that sorta thing, It's crazy how swept up in it you become and sometimes forget to have fun in the process....
And i realised if i found i felt like this after just 1 month, then whoa, i cannot ever begin to imagine how it must feel trying for so so long like some women do.

Good luck.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 12:57pm
You are not the only one. I'm a long way off from even starting TTC. I spend all my spare time on here, looking at nappy websites, spending far too much time at the Baby Factory and Baby City - I use the excuse that my best friend has a 5 month old daughter but really its to see what i will get when its our turn.

I have only really felt this way since I turned 30 and got engaged to DF, I guess in my mind marriage and babies go together.

This is what this thread of the forum is for, us ladies who are waiting to TTC.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
ezza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 1:04pm
I'm a complete mental case.

I'm trying really really hard to not let it rule my life otherwise the arrival of AF is far to much to deal with.

Its like, once the switch is flipped, it can't go off!!!!!
minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 1:12pm
I'm sure DF would say I'm obsessed - I'm a regular lurker/poster on here, I look at baby stuff on TradeMe, I have a blanket and an all-in-one at home...we are TTC now. I don't have the HPTs at home (yet - might buy a couple just in case!!) and the AF thing doesn't worry me (my system hasn't settled down since a m/c in June and have only had one AF so far since)...but yeah. I get interested in things, and focus on them. Maybe not so good, but it gets me through! I am looking at maternity clothes as well, just cos if I find something cheap then I'll grab it!!
minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 1:17pm
Re. maternity clothes...it's things like this I can't resist...

I mean really...how cute can you get!!
AngieBabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngieBabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 1:54pm
Yup... so totally with you there! DH said the other day I was obsessed and grudgingly I guess I'd have to agree.

We're in our 8mth TTC and as much as I don't want it to it has kinda taken over my life - I spend far too much time on these websites (to the detriment of my work, oops! ), pop into baby shops (I too have a few friends with newborns - perfect excuse!).

I haven't quite gone so far as to buy maternity clothes yet but believe you me, I've been sorely tempted!!
MelandBri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelandBri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 1:59pm
I was sure I couldn't be the only one, but I guess I needed some reassurance. I really thought when I bought the maternity jeans that I had gone way too far. minik8e that tee is so cute, did you buy it?
Its so easy to let ttc consume your whole thoughts and take over your life isn't it. DH hasn't yet noticed how obsessed I've gotten as he's usually at work while I'm on here and I've hiden the jeans until I actually need them.
minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 2:09pm
Yeah I did, I just couldn't resist. And it was only $10!! We are just cruising, I'm keeping an eye on things, I guess if nothing has happened by the end of the year I'll start to really worry...
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 2:13pm
I'm not obcessed I just like to be organised and plan things. As I remind DF its taking me 14 month to organise our wedding which is for 1 day. A baby will take 9 months and last for 18 years plus. so no harm in planning ahead.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 2:24pm
When we started TTC for baby #1 I mentally allowed myself 2 years to get pg and even though I thought we started a bit late in our first cycle I was still really disappointed when that first AF came! Often my emotional cycle links with the AF/temp cycle (up up up, feel great, down down hold out hope, crash!) but I'm not as bad now as before
AngieBabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngieBabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 2:38pm
I'm with you there Busymum... and the longer the temps stay up, the more hope, the bigger the crash... I'm going through that right now! well not the crash (fingers crossed I dont' get to that part this time).

I also like to be organised and have realised through this whole TTC thing that I'm a bit of a control freak and this is a tough learning curve in letting some of that control go! But sometimes, I just have to buy something to do with baby - got a cute cot sheet set the other day it fulfilled the urge for now.

Edited by AngieBabe
emachan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 5:03pm
me too - I'm a bit obsessed, although not as much as I was 2 months ago but today went out with my friend for lunch and we went into pumpkin patch and I bought an outfit for 3-6 months (in white) as it was on sale and so cute!!!! The shop assistant asked if it was for me or not and I was like, yup, but just not right now! (she prob thought I was obsessed!)

DD#1 Sept 08
DD#2 Oct 09
MelandBri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelandBri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 6:07pm
Emachan thats the sort of thing I would do, but I probably wouldn't admit it was for me. I would say for a friends baby.
JenKH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JenKH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2007 at 11:55am
Just to add to this, I am very very obsessed at the moment! It's hard and most people give you the standard "just relax and it will happen" but not the easiest thing in the world. We were only supposed to start trying in Oct this year and here we are in August and have been trying for 3-4 mths       The desire to have a child hit me so strongly about a month after we got married!

The crash and burn is difficult, but it's great to be able to talk to others on these forums and know we aren't the only one's going through it. Wishing you all lots of baby dust for this month
Me 25, DH 29
DD1 17/05/2008
DD2 01/03/2010
emachan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2007 at 1:50pm
Hey Jen - you got married the day after me!!! :) I got married on Fri 26th Jan!

DD#1 Sept 08
DD#2 Oct 09
JenKH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JenKH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2007 at 11:43pm
Wasn't it a great weekend Ema?! DH and I were dying from the heat! :) Are you from NZWP?
Me 25, DH 29
DD1 17/05/2008
DD2 01/03/2010
Helen21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helen21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2007 at 11:14am
I hate to admit it but although I'm not completely obcessed with TTC yet I think I'm heading that way. I find myself searching the net for any site telling me how to impove my chances of concieving. Not to mention I've already bought a couple of cute little baby jackets that were on sale.

I'm so used to having control over most aspects of my life I find it hard to "just let it happen" and the thought that there's a possiblity that it might not happen in my 6mth ideal time frame or that it might not happen natually at all is so hard to accept.
MelandBri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelandBri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2007 at 3:24pm
Helen you sound exactly like me. There's so much information out there on the net its hard not to look up how to improve your chances on conceiving. I think I'm getting a little obsessed with the computer as well
I can't stop myself from looking up all sorts of information to do with pregnancy and try to conceive.
Helen21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helen21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2007 at 4:12pm
I know! I seem to spend way too much time on the net I might have to invest in broadband to save time in connecting etc.

I found this website that told me if I drink alcohol at all before or during Ovulation it decreases my chances of concieving by 50% and then another 50% if DH has as little as one beer! The amount of caffine in one block of chocolate decreases chances by 15% and one cup of coffee decreases it by 30%!!! I didn't like that website at all so I found another website that told me a glass of white wine at the time of ovualation could double my chances of concieving!

I've decided to give up looking at those sites.....at least for a few days!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>