FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTeething at 11 weeks??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Teething at 11 weeks??
    Posted: 13 August 2007 at 1:49pm
Today I found one white lump on each side of Poppy's top gum in about the place that canines are usually found. I think she might be teething and that might explain why she's been so unsettled in the past couple of days. I've noticed she's been drooling lots and sucking on her hands too but didn't think anything of it.

She's been really fussy on the breast too but I think this could be related to something else (ie she's had a bottle a couple of times and now thinks it's much better than the breast as it comes out quicker!).

Apparently they can teeth this early but you can't give them bonjela - does anyone else know how else I can relieve the pain for her?
Sponsored Links

Redbedrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redbedrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2007 at 2:25pm
I swear by a homeopathic remedy called Teethmed by Naturopharm. It has chamomile to calm and belladonna for pain and fever. You spray it into her mouth, initially every 15 minutes until it works or 2 hours. A friend has had good results by rubbing it into gums too.
Fay cut 4 top teeth a few weeks ago and yeah it was pretty miserable but she responded well to the spray. Not sure if there is a lower age limit tho
mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2007 at 2:55pm
Sam has a white lump on his bottom gum and has been unsettled too. He is sucking his hands a lot and drooling. He is about the same age as Poppy. I thought it was really young to be cutting teeth too!

Faraway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faraway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2007 at 6:24pm
Kaleb's the same. I think they might start early but it takes a while for the teeth to actually come through?
Peace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2007 at 8:32pm
Olivia started teething at 8 weeks, bonjela and pamol was the cure usually. I checked with my Dr at 3 months about using bonjela and he gave me a frown and said "It's bonjela..." so using a little (at this age) wont hurt
DD1 May 2006
DD2 March 2011
DD3 August 2012
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2007 at 10:03pm
i got told by plunket last week not to use bonjela cause it contains aspirin - which

she (and SIL who works in daycare) recommend a teething spray....have yet to find it but must do soon.....they swear by it at daycares....
 Post Reply Post Reply