FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedtaine sleeping

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: taine sleeping
    Posted: 18 August 2007 at 8:08pm
Taine is still not sleeping properly.

I have attributed this to a few things.
1. Not sleeping during the day - I've been at teaching practice and Lew has been looking after them - he doesn's see what happens to the tired boy so possibky doesn't see the importance - very very very overtired when he does go to bed
2. Taine is missing out on one-on-one attention with lew and I. jake is s much more demanding of our time, whereas Taine seems happy enough doing his own thing.
3. when he wakes - i lvoe having him with me! there, i have admitted it. he looks so cute as he sleeps, and he is so cuddly, when he is awake and I cuddle him, he tendds to bite. i love this time together. BUT it menas that my husband is no longer sleeping with me - in the literal sense

so have decided to face this by:

1. spending more time with taine doing taine things. like playing with the trains, doing some drawing with him and reading.
2. nap times - regular and perhaps before lunch rather than after. early lunch and then bed. Even though he often just plays in his room rather than going to bed.

am going to try dealing with day time naps first as I think this is the main problem - and then work on night time. Taine waking at night co-incides with him stopping sleeping during the day (despite being exhausted)
Sponsored Links

fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2007 at 9:25pm
Liz, my issues with my Jake have been loooong and documented, and I am getting help from a lady who speccailises in sleep, and one of the main things is my behaviour with Jake during the day. Your first idea of spending more Taine time is spot on. Also, I find that if I have had a day where all I have done is growl, nag and say no, he sleeps worse. If he goes to bed feelign good about us, then he sleeps better. Quite involved, but pm me if you have some questions. While J is still waking once, it is muuuuch better than it was. Hugs, chick, it sux.
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2007 at 7:41am
actual;ly, when i was working all htis out last night, i was thinking of you and i remembered the advice you had been given - so you helped even without realising!
Anna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2007 at 7:42am
Liz, I had heaps of probs qith Kaia sleeping! She is still not so flash at it. One of the things that really helped was writing down what time (ish) she should be napping, Andy is not so good at catching those tired signs but he found it really helpful to have a written guideline of what times she should be napping. I just wrote up a wee (very flexible) routine and stuck it in the kitchen. Might help Lewis out a bit?
Anna

Post Reply Post Reply