FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhat does it mean

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
YvetteandElla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YvetteandElla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What does it mean
    Posted: 11 June 2009 at 4:51pm
So, I went to my see my Obgyn yesterday and he said my uterus was at the 20 week height however I am only 17 weeks.

What does this mean

Sponsored Links

angel4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angel4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2009 at 5:19pm
was the fundus higher? i had this but dont know why. My son was born a month early though. YOu should ask next time you see them
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2009 at 6:39pm
You are further along than you think; you are carrying twins; you just carry "big". Most of your questions will probably be answered at your scan but it will be interesting to see if you remain ahead of dates or it evens out.
peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2009 at 7:20pm
I was 2 -3 weeks ahead in fundal measurement through my whole pregnancy, It turned out I was carrying a big baby, she was born at 38 weeks at 9lbs.

I was sent for scans once a fortnight after 34 weeks to check everything was going o.k.

The medical term they used to describe me was "macrosomia" - big baby syndrome, just lovely huh!!

But she was born perfect, just very very long!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YvetteandElla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2009 at 9:17am
Oh no please not a big baby aaaaahhhhh I am not sure if I want to push a big baby out

My DD was born2 weeks early and only 6.6pounds

Thank you for you advice I will have an anatomy scan in 2 weeks so hope I can find out then

minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2009 at 9:23am
My fundal height (height of the uterus) is measuring around 31 weeks + - I'm 25 now. I'm having twins though. Just means your uterus is higher/bigger than the "average" for your gestation.
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2009 at 11:40am
mine was always 3 ahead too and mw wasn't worried unless it got more.. he was only 7pd 3 oz as well..
Mum to two amazing boys!
weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2009 at 11:40am
Don't stress - I was measuring 2-3 weeks ahead the whole way through and JJ was born pretty much right on time and was only on the slightly larger side of normal (4kg)

Mum to JJ, 4 July 2008 & Addie, 28 July 2010

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YvetteandElla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2009 at 2:22pm
Ok so now I feel a bit better, thanks ladies

Post Reply Post Reply