FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOnly 6 weeks but no symptoms yet??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
1st_Time_Preggies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1st_Time_Preggies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Only 6 weeks but no symptoms yet??
    Posted: 29 May 2009 at 12:41pm
I am sure I am being totally paranoid, but I am almost six weeks and don't seem to have any of the "normal" pregnancy symptoms like sickness or tiredness - is this unusual??? Or is it too early for symptoms???

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated :-)

PS Any one know any more information about what foods I can and can't eat? I know the basics like soft cheese and cold chicken, but what about takeaways or chicken I have cooked at home and then eat the next day???
Sponsored Links

mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2009 at 12:54pm
I think everyone feels the same way you do at some point during their pregnancy.

It's quite common not to have very many or any symptoms at all in the first few weeks.   I felt great until about 7.5 weeks with this pregnancy, but with my first I was sick from literally the moment I got a positive pregnancy test until about 19 weeks!   

Here is a list of food safety things that might help.

Pregancy Food Safety - NZ

I was quite relaxed about food and tended to only stay away from alcohol, smoking, raw seafood and things that weren't fresh..

Congrats on your pregnancy!    There is a thread just for mums due in January 2010 that you could have a look in, there are lots of supportive women due around the same time as you that will happily answer any questions you have.

Oh and welcome to Ohbaby!

Eta: Fixing stupid preggy brain errors, twice!

Edited by neeandsam
HoneybunsMa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoneybunsMa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2009 at 12:55pm

You don't necessarily get any symptoms I know I never got morning sickness I would felt a little bit queasy but that was about it. Did get tired towards the end of the first trimester.

In regards to the eating thing cooking chicken at home is fine and eating it the next day make sure that its nuked to hell and back and hot as, this goes for anything generally that you eat just make sure its hot. You can eat most cheeses in nz as they are pasteurised. Apparently you shouldn't eat sushi as the rice grows bacteria when its cold. Try to eat healthy, fruit vege etc and you should be ok, don't overeat just because your pregnant you can have a healthy weight gain if you don't

hth

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2009 at 12:59pm
Congrats and welcome to Ohbaby!
I am nearly 8 weeks and apart from feeling a bit bloated in the evenings, have no symptoms. I did have some by now when preg with my daughter,...I guess each pregnacy is just different.   
Morning sickness can still start in afew weeks time too.
Whne you see your midwife or gp for your first antenatal visit u should recieve a bounty pregnancy pack which has lots of info on stuff like food. Or check out www.nzfsa.govt.nz
1st_Time_Preggies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1st_Time_Preggies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2009 at 1:23pm
Thanks for all your advice and kind thoughts! :-)
skp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2009 at 6:16pm
Just wanted to say good luck for your pregnancy and what I have learnt is that every pregnancy is different so I wouldn't be worried about your 'lack of symptoms'

Bellerara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bellerara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2009 at 5:11pm
Hey, I had very few early pregnancy symptons, no morning sickness (just tired with sore boobs!). Try not to worry though - although I did right up until my 12 week scan :) now I am at 35 weeks and have had a very trouble free pregnancy to date so perhaps its a good sign
 Post Reply Post Reply