FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCalcium Magnesium tablets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
4thtymlucky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4thtymlucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Calcium Magnesium tablets
    Posted: 21 November 2010 at 11:57am
Hi ladies, I'm 35 weeks today and having debilitating leg cramps and even back cramps..my mw has recommended calcium magnesium tablets but I was wondering if any of you have used them..are they tasty? I don't want to buy a bottle only not to take any after the first one if they taste funny..do they work and how long did you have to take them for? I'm already low on iron (10) at the last blood test so I've been taking floradix, eating lots of green leafy salads, nut mix and drinking OJ to help with absorption..to help combat the leg cramps I've been eating at least one banana every day but I'm still getting the cramps...so now I'm going to start drinking helps of milk too and I'll buy milk biscuits to snack on...any advice would be great appreciately.
Sponsored Links

LJsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LJsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2010 at 7:55pm
I took calcium and magnesium tables through out both pregnancy's as mag is excellent for headaches and stress and leg cramps. I got mine from my naturapath. easy to take, no problems at all.
I also had really low iron and found taking spa tone natural iron supplement excellent. It's at health food shops.
Good luck nearly there
SquishysMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SquishysMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2010 at 8:25pm
They were great - reasonably big, but I just swallowed them whole with water, didn't taste them at all.

I also used the spa tone - mixed it with orange juice do didn't notice the taste, and the vitamin c helped absorb it.
DesSt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DesSt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2010 at 11:39pm
My Ob/gyn has just given me a script for calcium/magnesium. I'm taking it to help with the spasms I get from my sore back. He said it can also decrease the pain during labour and is good for milk supply after birth.
4thtymlucky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4thtymlucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2010 at 6:54am
Thank you so much ladies:) It gives me confidence to know that at least it doesn't taste like metal Thanks heaps for the iron tips too..will definitely have a nosey at that one as well. The Floradix is nice and easy to take but at $34.00 for a 200ml bottle it doesn't last long (10 days) and is hitting my back pocket
MuppetsMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MuppetsMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2010 at 7:23am
hey i have about half of a bottle left of schussler tissue salts - only about 2 months old. would you like me to send them to you? I have no use for them now I have had my baby, and found them helpful for those awful cramps and spasms. you just chew them, they dont taste like anything. but if you dont like them then you dont lose anything!
 Post Reply Post Reply