FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedInduction question’s.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Induction question’s.
    Posted: 07 August 2008 at 6:50pm
Right ladies it seem's that due to my scan result's. that I will be getting induced tomorrow it is all to do with baby's size.   So I won't be having my much anted homebirth, but that ok I would rather be where we need to be for baby.
so my question's are:
How long did it take for thing's to get started?
Those of you that have gone into natral labour did you find the induction harder or the same or easier?
What on earth did you do to keep your self entertained while you waited at the hospital?
Did your support people/person hang around the whole time?
I can think of for now. I am going to get my house clean and tidy.   
Deborah Mum to:

Sponsored Links

tropics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2008 at 6:56pm
it took 48 hours from the time i was induced! my waters broke naturally and i ended up having 3 lots of gel

they get you to walk heaps to get things started so did lots of walking!

my mum stayed with me they let her have a matress for the floor dh stayed at home until my waters broke so he wasnt too tired for the labour

all the best
[/url]
mum2emj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2emj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2008 at 7:01pm
with kayla i was induced 39 weeks due to high bp etc.. i wasnt ideal cervix high.. took ages to get started gel given at 8am and nothing was happening until well after lunch.
BUT once things did get started went fast and only had just over 1 hour active labour with kayla, 3 with emma

Those of you that have gone into natral labour did you find the induction harder or the same or easier?
i found my 3 inductions easy, that was all i knew- coped with the pain and things of labour well. however after my spontaneous labour i realised that the inductions were much more intense, but i found it helped with the pushing part being more intense.

What on earth did you do to keep your self entertained while you waited at the hospital?
walked around, kept really active, read magazines, talked to hubby
it is actually amazing how fast the time went, i thought it would drag but it didnt any of the times. i;d look at the clock and it seemed to be going fast if that makes sense.

yes carlo stayed with me the whole time.

goodluck deb

Edited by mum2emj
Genie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2008 at 7:13pm
It was immediate! M/w put the gel in, I thought geez that was a bit rough, and contractions started pretty intensely from there. I was about 10 days overdue though and ended up having a show when I got up the morning of the induction so that could've had something to do with it.
It was more intense but easier overall.
Wasn't exactly worries about being entertained, time went pretty fast. Though we were waiting in the waiting room for a good hour or so when we first got to the hospital, which was a long time with being so nervous.
Yes hubby was there all the time, m/w popped out a few times but never was gone for long. Whole process only took 2 1/2 hours from having the gel to having baby in my arms though.

Kelpa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelpa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2008 at 7:22pm
With Paige..they put gel in early in morn I think..I had epi at 12 ish and then got told would be hours and hours..poss next day..but got to half one and was already dilated and started pushing and took my about an hour from then....Was a breeze altho had complications afterwards but with me BUM!

With Blake..Waters broke...then nothing happened so next morning had gel....contractions started coming about two hours later and then stopped but because had gone 24 hours ...they put me straight on drip at 2 and it all went off like a frog in a sock..was over by 5....

To be honest..I would rate the pain factor with the last two exactly the same......Paige didnt count as had Epi!

We listened to music..Support person stayed......

Dont worry Debs ...you will be fine..Take some lollies..grapes..magazines and maybe some foot cream...Hubby could give you a foot massage!!!

Big hugs and good luck for tomoro..will be over before you know it babe!

Mazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2008 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by ButterflyMum ButterflyMum wrote:

I was induced at 38 weeks with DD1 for high bp, same as Rach.
They put three lots of gel in over a space of about 36 hours. First at 8am on the Saturday, second late that afternoon, we stayed overnight in the delivery suite and the third at midday on the Sunday (they had a run of emergencies so no-one could do it until then). It took ages for things to get going, didn't get regular noticable contractions until late Sunday afternoon. Midwife broke my waters at 7pm and that was what made things go really fast, as soon as the waters were broken it was all go and DD1 was born 1hr 45min later.

I found the induction was really intense, but my second birth was fairly similar and that was spontaneous labour two weeks overdue. That was 50 minutes active labour - I think my body just does fast births so they were pretty comparable. The natural labour was a bit easier to handle, but perhaps because it was a bit shorter.

We played cards, listened to music, went for lots of walks and I read a bit. Found it hard to concentrate on reading though!

DH stayed the whole time, he slept on a mattress on the floor of the delivery suite.   

Good luck!

Edited by Mazzy
Mum to two gorgeous girls!
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2008 at 8:22pm
MW broke my waters and said things would probably take a while, so go and have something to eat, walk around etc and come back when i was having contractions.

Went down in the elevator, walked three steps, vomited with pain and went back up the elevator. MW checked, gave me gas and four hours later Jake was born.

With Taine i had very little in the way of contractions - nothing that I couldn't handle with panadol, waters broke and BAM - full established labour. This was natural.

So i found both labours intense very quickly, but no obvious distinctin betweenthem
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2008 at 8:37pm
Maya was spontaneous labour, 41 hours of posterior hell.

Gremlins and Chiara were induced. With the gremlins I didn't need the gel, they just broke my waters around 1pm, started a synto drip at 3 and they were both out by 8pm. It was an awesome experience, far better than my labour with Maya coz it was shorter and more manageable.

With Chiara I was told the morning of the induction that it would take ages coz she was nowhere near ready to come. I had the gel at 8am, at 2.30pm my midwife did an internal and said she could break my waters so she did, started synto at 3pm and she was out at 5.21pm. It was incredibly intense, contractions started as soon as my waters were broken but didn't start to bite till about 3.45pm but from then on in they were completely overwhelming. But I did it all with no drugs so it can't have been too bad (not that I had time for drugs!).
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
baalamb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baalamb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2008 at 8:47pm
I don't think you'll take too long to get started considering your first two!

Take care. We'll definitely be thinking of you.
fire_engine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire_engine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2008 at 9:47pm
Good luck! I had the induction from hell so won't go into all the details! Given it's bubs #3 for you, hopefully it'll all go nice and quick for you.

Quick answers
36 hours + to dilate 1 cm; 48 hours, dilated 2 cm - membranes ruptured. Didn't go into labour so went onto syntocinin and had epidural. Fully dilated 10 hours later. Baby born 4 hours after that.

I went mad! I read trashy magazines, stressed and cried!

DH was with me during the days but got sent home at night.
Mum to two wee boys
 Post Reply Post Reply