FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHelp baby shower idea’s

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help baby shower idea’s
    Posted: 09 July 2007 at 11:57am
I need some game's for  Baby shower easy to plan and play so hit me with some idea's and detail's on how they work.Please.

Edited by loadsofkids
Deborah Mum to:

Sponsored Links

ShellandBella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShellandBella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2007 at 12:33pm
My sister organised some games for my baby shower...

1) guess the baby food
she had 4 cups (A,B,C,D) with baby food in them and each person had to guess what they thought each one was then write their answers on a bit of paper which she judged. prize for person with the highest score

2)nappy changing race
she had 2 baby dolls and pitted 2 people against each other, each judged on their speed and flair (how fast they could fit a nappy on their doll and the type of nappy they did and whether it fit/stayed on). prize was given for highest score

the food one was good, because some of them were really gross and it was quite difficult to guess what they were! Enjoy!

Redbedrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redbedrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2007 at 1:11pm
We recently did the one where you guess how big the pregnant belly is. You need a ball of string and some scissors, and every one cuts a length of string which they think will be the length of the bump. Then mum2b does the same and closest wins a prize
Lisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2007 at 1:16pm
The baby name game?? Have a list of baby animals with the picture and the word.. then match the right ones up.. ?! Not as easy as it looks.
Lisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2007 at 1:18pm
http://www.babyshower101.com/baby_shower_games.html

Or go to this site! All the best!
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2007 at 1:29pm
The funniest one at my baby shower was getting 2 bottles (they were cheapo ones from $2 shop) and passing them around and then someone stopped the music and whoever had them when the music stopped had to race to down the water that was in them ... it was really funny since the hole in the teat was sooo tiny that it took a lot of sucking to get anywhere. We were in fits of laughter from it.
lovingmummyhood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovingmummyhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2007 at 1:42pm
My friend's baby shower was sooooo much fun. We played guess the baby food too (some were gross!) We played a game in teams with bottles. It was half full of chocolate milk and we were in teams of 3 (depends how many people you have). Someone is the 'baby', someone holds the 'baby' and someone feeds the 'baby'. OMG - sooooo funny!! And have to agree with kebakat - the hole is so tiny sucking is a real mission!! Also not so easy to suck when you have to rely on someone else to feed you! We played the nappy game too. I love baby showers
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2007 at 1:45pm
A fun game is to get each guest to bring one of their own baby photos, and pin them up somewhere and everyone has to guess whos who.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2007 at 2:07pm
another game is to make a rule at the start that no one is aloud to say baby. you each get say 5 pegs each (blue and or pink if you know the sex of baby) and if you catch someone saying baby then you take 1 of thier pegs. The person with the most pegs at the end wins. Its also a good ice breaker if people dont really know each other.

Another game is to get a book and get everyone to write part of a story about the mum to be and partner, how they meet etc.. and how baby is going to change things etc.... Each person writes a sentence and passes it on and the next person carries on the story till the end. Its something cool to look back on and can be so funny.
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2007 at 3:34pm

Originally posted by kebakat kebakat wrote:

The funniest one at my baby shower was getting 2 bottles (they were cheapo ones from $2 shop) and passing them around and then someone stopped the music and whoever had them when the music stopped had to race to down the water that was in them ... it was really funny since the hole in the teat was sooo tiny that it took a lot of sucking to get anywhere. We were in fits of laughter from it.

This was amusing, I was in the other room at the time (someone decided to fill his pants) and the was so much laughter going on and they couldn't drink anything out of the bottle.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2007 at 4:03pm
A really special one at my baby shower was everyone wrote a note to the baby with wishes for their future. The notes were wrapped around a birthday candle and tied with a ribbon then put in a special wooden box for us to keep. Every year on her birthday we pick one out of the box and put the wish candle on her cake
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

pikelets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pikelets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2007 at 8:27pm
A game I found fun (kind of gross but very funny) is that you get some newborn nappies and number each one.

Then you "fill" each one with some sort of food. You can put in a couple of spoons of mashed up chocolate bar, custard, peanut butter, melted toffee pop, bounty bar, anything else you have in the fridge or cupboard etc etc.

Pass the nappies around the circle and each person has to guess what is in the nappy by smelling it. Whoever guesses the most wins.

Its really funny as you watch people opening and sniffing a "dirty" nappy.

3 Angels - Dec10 / Mar11 / Dec11
pepsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2007 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Star Star wrote:

A game I found fun (kind of gross but very funny) is that you get some newborn nappies and number each one.

Then you "fill" each one with some sort of food. You can put in a couple of spoons of mashed up chocolate bar, custard, peanut butter, melted toffee pop, bounty bar, anything else you have in the fridge or cupboard etc etc.

Pass the nappies around the circle and each person has to guess what is in the nappy by smelling it. Whoever guesses the most wins.

Its really funny as you watch people opening and sniffing a "dirty" nappy.

Hehe I went to a baby shower recently where they played that game..was heaps of fun and yeah kind of gross seeing melted chocolate bars filling the nappies...some people even tasted them..
 Post Reply Post Reply