FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedmince recipies in the crock pot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mince recipies in the crock pot
    Posted: 16 February 2008 at 11:11am
Does anyone know any good mince recipies in the crock pot
Sponsored Links

Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2008 at 2:46pm

LOL I came in here looking for a great recipe to use lol

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
MonicaMouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonicaMouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2008 at 3:06pm
I cheat, and will often prepare the mince meal on the stove top and pop it into the slow cook to finish cooking and to help keep it warm. Nachos are great as the flavours develop even more and if DH is working late he doesn't have to heat up his dinner, it's already done.

I often (once a fortnight-ish) cook up a pot of what I refer to as a 'Mince Mess'. Cook pasta, put into slowcook. Brown mince, add whatever you find in the cupboards/fridge/freezer, packet stuff - eg cook in the pot or can, or even a pkt of soup, can of tomatoes, heaps of veges, soya sauce, worcheshire (SP) sauce) mix, throw into cooker on top of pasta, stir and cook for a couple of hours. Serve that night, and have leftovers for lunch, or dinner

Blair 15/10/2007
Daniel 30/07/2009
susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2008 at 5:54pm
What flavour cook in the pots or soup would you use MonicaMouse
tashzmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tashzmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2008 at 5:59pm
i normally just chuck in some mince, an onion, some spuds and if you like hot food the chilli con carn maggi cook in the pot. its great on toast with sour cream.
or i use the mince,onion,spuds as a filling for pies. i just add a bit of water and some gravey mix. any of the maggi cook in the pots work really well.
i also do a steak filling in the crock pot too-stewing steak(we live on a farm so get a beast each year),gravey and a small ammount of water and i just turn it on and forget and maybe add some spices depending on how i feel. near the end of cooking i add frozen mixed veges and make sure the sauce is thickening up and get the pastry ready.
Natasha Jayde, 1-01-05(7lb3oz)
Caroline Elisabeth, 9-04-08 (4lb15oz)
Izabella Kate, 9-04-08(6lb7oz)
Lexi Brenna, 23-01--2011(6lb6oz)
myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2008 at 7:37pm
I do Chilli Con Carne in the Crockpot. Normally do it as follows:

300g-ish mince (usually frozen)
Can of tomatoes - usually plain flavour
Can of Watties Salsa Chilli Beans Mild
About 3TB tomato paste
few mixed herbs
With frozen mince it usually takes 1/2 day on low.

I don't like things too hot, but this is fine for me.

Lindsey

susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2008 at 6:49pm
How much water should you use as a general rule in the crockpot
jaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2008 at 8:01pm
I put one or two cans of watties pesto canned tomatoes in the crockpot, roll up mince into little balls, drop it and and a few hours later have meatballs. If I know I'm going to be short of time after work I buy fresh spaghetti not dried.
MonicaMouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonicaMouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2008 at 8:41am
Originally posted by susieq susieq wrote:

What flavour cook in the pots or soup would you use MonicaMouse

Just so nobody think's I've ignored the question. I generally use anything that's in the cupboard.
 Post Reply Post Reply