FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNight Nappy Leaking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aqua36 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aqua36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Night Nappy Leaking
    Posted: 22 January 2008 at 8:47am
Suddenly in the last week my 5 month olds nappy is leaking in a major way up her back. I use honey child pocket nappies with 2 inserts and booster. Am wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what doing wrong or if this is normal? She sleeps 11-12 hours, but has done this since 2 1/2 months. Her daytime nappy never leaks (1 insert and 1 booster). Any help would be appreciated
Sponsored Links

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2008 at 8:52am
She is probably just peeing more now shes older! We had the same prob, and had to switch to using hemp inserts which hold more. We have the ecobubs flat hemp/microfibre inserts. I was using one of them and 2 honeychild inserts, and had to use a larger size pocket and that worked great. Now Isla is no longer having any feeds after 6.30pm, we just use the ecobubs and one insert, and this is heaps. There is still room for more wee when I take it off in the morning, after she has had breakfast- so its on for around 13 hours.

Edited by Kellz
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2008 at 8:54am
Are the inserts really soaked? And what size nappy is she in?

My boy needs 4 inserts minimum at night and they are all really wet come morning. That's 24 layers of absorbency as they are all trifold inserts. He's also in mediums during the day but goes up to a large at night to stop leaks. All of our inserts at night have hemp in them too as it absorbs more.

Edited by kebakat
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2008 at 8:55am
We have just had our night time nappy start to leak and basically it seems that my wee (hehe) girl has just become a mega-wetter at night! I use the Fuzzi outer stuffed with a pre-fold, tri fold hemp/microfibre insert and a insert on the top. She is now waking up after 12+ hours with no leaks
My suggestion would be to play with the inserts you are using and see if you can find a combo that works

aqua36 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aqua36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2008 at 9:13am
Thanks for your ideas.
The inserts are really really soaked and in the small size pocket, have just ordered the next size up for her.

Edited by aqua36
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2008 at 9:28am
I should add that we are still using the smalls on Sam with all those inserts and no leaks! The nappy is massive! Her thighs can't even touch the bed! LOL

kiwivic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwivic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2008 at 4:57pm
I was going to suggest using hemp and going up a size - as at 4mths she could be on the cusp of moving up a size. My little boy was wearing a medium Fuzzi at 5mths but I reckon it would have fit him from 4mths if we'd been using them then. A hemp trifold is brilliant for nights - if you top them wiht a mf insert you should find it does the job. Stacy sells a hemp/mf trifold on her foxybots website - I think if you topped that with a HC insert then you would probably be fine. My son is in a large and uses the same daytime combination as you. Otherwise you can buy a 2-layer hemp trifold from Nix-Kids which is what I use at night, topped with a mf insert as my little boy didn't become a heavy night wetter until around 11mths - when we upsized his night nappy to a large.

Vic xx
 Post Reply Post Reply