FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFlushable Nappy liners - is this normal?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
angel4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angel4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flushable Nappy liners - is this normal?
    Posted: 24 June 2010 at 7:12pm
I have used flushable liners before and found them great. Got them with our first nappy system from ecobots. They were brilliant and we could even wash them with the nappies if they weren't soiled.
After we ran out I bought some reusable ones but they aren't for us.
So bought these flushable ones of trademe for $25 for two rolls. Nappy liners

Anyway after first use on my son they disintegrated. He had only had the nappy on for 2hours. Was not impressed. Tried them on my daughter and they did the same thing.
Have you had experience with liners doing this? I thought they would all be much the same (from what i could see they were made of the same stuff).
Please recommend some cheap (but useable and good) flushable nappy liners. THANKS
Sponsored Links

_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2010 at 7:21pm
Im also on the look out for new ones too. DD has sensitive skin & i found they irritate her.

Her liners also disintegrate very quickly. I cant remember what ones i got but im pretty sure they could be the same ones.

Im currently looking at getting these ones

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=298869151
angel4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angel4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2010 at 7:28pm
I am really annoyed to be honest. I can see why they would irritate her if they are sticking to her skin like the ones we bought are.
SophiasMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SophiasMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2010 at 8:46pm
TayzMummy those ones you are looking at are great, we have been using them for about a year and have had no problems with them. They are really soft too, way softer than any others I have looked at. We did not have many options as we have an old septic tank but these have caused no issues. They are a bit more pricey but I think they are worth it.I find they are quite wide but I still like them in one layer, if you fold them they can bunch up a bit and poo can go over the edge, just play round till you find what works.

arohanui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arohanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2010 at 10:26pm
my friend is selling some on kidsgear for half of retail price if anyone wants a good deal

http://www.kidsgear.co.nz/Classifieds/pop-in-200-flushable-nappy-liners/
Mama to DS1 (5 years), DS2 (3 years) and...
SpecialK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2010 at 7:46am
I love the ones from Nature Baby, they are about $10 per roll of 100. If they haven't been pooed on I just wash ans re use
bebebaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebebaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2010 at 1:26pm
I occasionally use the 'real nappies' brand, they don't disintegrate while being used. Got them from baby factory. So you could try them out. Think they were 9 ish dollars.
fire_engine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire_engine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2010 at 1:33pm
I use Bambino Mio from Scarecrow Farm. The others all irritated Dan's skin.
Mum to two wee boys
gypsynita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gypsynita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2010 at 4:54pm
I use the totsbots ones - i find they're a good size and they work really well at holding all the poo . they don't last for a second use through the washing machine though...
Anita
Mum to Cian (Aug 08), Josh (Jun 10)

Renee & Lauren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee & Lauren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2010 at 2:15pm
If they are the ones from MY baby (I think that is who I got ours from) they had a few bad batches earlier in the year so maybe email the trader (or find my baby on trademe and email them). I got a new pack and they were good. Still not exactly what I thought that they would be as they stick to baby's bum but they are ok.
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2010 at 3:20pm
Well im using these ones now
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=298869151

They are great. I love them
kiwikid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwikid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2010 at 7:07pm
Not sure if you can get them in NZ but Imse Vimse do a great disposible liner that can be washed several times before disintegrating. DS has sensitive skin and never had an irritation from them. They do a toddler size too so its a bit longer and wider which I found very handy once we got to 12mths.

mynaturalbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mynaturalbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2010 at 11:37am
Angel4, I have had those exact same liners and the same thing happened to me in DS's nappies. I also found that they were too small and barely help onto any poop. You too?
I've switched to the Real Nappies ones and they're really good. Strong enough to hold onto solids poops and a good size. I think you can buy them on their website or at The Baby Factory.
Follow my journey into raising a baby using all natural products on my blog and on Twitter - mynaturalbaby.
angel4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angel4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2010 at 4:24pm
Yea i am actually quite frustrated with this now, I asked for a refund from them as my husband said that they had mislead in their auction description but they never emailed back, so am now leaving negative feedback. I hate saying bad things though but really feel very used.

A lovely OB poster sent me some ecobot liners that she had left over so won't need to buy some more for a few months now. I think we will just buy ecobots from now on as I know what to expect.
 Post Reply Post Reply