FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedArticle - Council to subsidise cloth...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
astral_monkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astral_monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Article - Council to subsidise cloth...
    Posted: 10 September 2010 at 1:08pm
I thought this was interesting, and worth posting for others to read:
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10672423

Edited by astral_monkey

Sponsored Links

whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2010 at 3:56pm
Great idea!
Dunedin City Council also offer a discount voucher for buying cloth nappies for Dunedin residents. More councils should be doing these kinds of things!
Kalimirella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalimirella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2010 at 5:17pm
I agree, i wish our council would do that. So many people have never even THOUGHT about cloth and quite often only think there is still only the flat ones that take a lot of work.
Kiara is 3 and Teagan is 2, now we're expecting our long awaited 3rd!
HuntersMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntersMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 4:55pm
Awesome! Maybe the new Auckland mayor (hopefully Len Brown) could do something like that. He'd get my vote if he does!

jano1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jano1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2010 at 11:57am
Waitakere City Council in Auckland offer a 6 week hire kit (like the one the ladies have here). With the transition to the new council I imagine that a similar service will roll out through other parts of Auckland in the next year or so if the new councillors are interested.
 Post Reply Post Reply