FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAnyone on their first IVF cycle?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
karychick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karychick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2009 at 10:06pm
So sorry for you Akiwi3, I know there are no words to make this easier to accept or deal with. Just time and tears, let em out sweetie cos they certainly help with the healing. Thinking of you heaps, and I appreciate your helpful advice and support. Hope in a small way we can show it back to ya.

AmyRay - it's a tough ride for you honey. So rough on the emotions to handle this kind of prolonged torture!! Hopefully at least a scan tomorrow will more certainly let you know what's happening so at least you can either grieve or celebrate. Hugs coming at ya too. Take care and be good to yourself in this. x
Sponsored Links

tulips View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tulips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2009 at 9:30pm
Poppi
Thinking of you tomorrow!
avkiwi3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avkiwi3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2009 at 8:27am
AmyRay - good luck for the scan

Poppi, good luck for today
1 5.5 year old girl (natural)
TTC#2 4+ years
2x Ectopic (both tubes removed)
1 pregnancy of unknown location between ectopics (was probably in the tube)
IVF Mar 31st - 1x D2 embie BFN no frosties
Poppi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poppi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2009 at 6:46pm
Hi ladies, thanks for all your good wishes but unfortunately it was not to be. I started bleeding on Monday so thought it was a long shot and they confirmed today that it was negative. So not sure what to do now or if its worth having another go.

avkiwi3 -

AmyRay - how are you going - its been a hard time for you.

Take care ladies and I will lurk around here and hopefully we will all have some good news soon

avkiwi3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avkiwi3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2009 at 7:08pm
Oh no Poppi sorry to hear that right back at ya.

I have moved over to the cycle 2 thread as we will try again in a few months. But will keep poping in here to see how everyone is going.

1 5.5 year old girl (natural)
TTC#2 4+ years
2x Ectopic (both tubes removed)
1 pregnancy of unknown location between ectopics (was probably in the tube)
IVF Mar 31st - 1x D2 embie BFN no frosties
AmyRay View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmyRay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2009 at 9:33am
Hi all,

Well it hasnt been a very good week for most of us
Poppi - Im sorry to hear that you were BFN
Our scan didnt go very well. It showed that we have a sac and a yolk but the baby hadnt grown very much either . So the doctor wants us to wait and see if we miscarriage naturally over the next couple of weeks as he would rather not put me through another D & C at the moment if he doesnt have to.

They are also gonna do another laproscopy in a few months for my endometriosis and they are gonna check out the inside of my uterus too. Then we will go and do the IVF with PGD again as we qualify for one more public funded cycle. So by the time we get down that track it will be next year. So fingers crossed for the next time i guess.

big hugs to all the lovely ladies i have met through this thread. you have been the most wonderful help and support through this. i will probably join the cycle 2 thread over the coming months and wish all of you ladies all the best.
26yrs old
TTC 5yrs
Endometriosis & Chromosomal Disorder
Natural Jun 07 - BFP but MC at 11.5 wks
IUI Jun 08 - BFP but MC at 11.5 wks
First IVF/PGD Cycle Mar 09 - BFP but MC at 6 wks
tulips View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tulips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2009 at 5:43pm
AmyRay
I'm really sorry that this round has been unsuccessful. You must feel shattered. Look after yourself.
AmyRay View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmyRay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2009 at 10:05am
Thanks tulips.

The nurses have put me forward for another cycle of IVF/PGD and its going to start in September so that gives us something to look forward to now
26yrs old
TTC 5yrs
Poppi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poppi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2009 at 12:40pm
Thanks Ladies for your kind thoughts.

AmyRay so sorry for you

We decided to try again and are booked in for around september so will probably be chatting to you all in the second cycle thread.

Take care ladies
kiwi2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2009 at 4:41am
amyray

I do not want to give you false hope at all but I had the same with my son. Low hcg and a scan with a yolk sak and no heart beat. Do you have another scan booked in a few weeks. I know the chances are small but ask for another scan to confirm in a few weeks before a D & C etc. My dates and scan did not match and no-one can explain it. All I know is I have a very real 8 year old who has a letter detailing miscarriage at 6 weeks. Like I said earlier I don't want to give false hope but it is always a good idea to be extra sure. IYGWIM.

Hugs to you and your partner. It is such a tough thing to go thru and I wish you all the best for the future.
AmyRay View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmyRay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2009 at 9:20am
Thanks kiwi2.

Unfortunately i started bleeding over the long wknd, so we have definitely lost it
It made it all seem very real once the bleeding started. Still, looking forward to our next cycle now,

Thanks for your support.
26yrs old
TTC 5yrs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910