FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGood and bad reflux days

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
catisla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catisla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good and bad reflux days
    Posted: 10 August 2011 at 8:52pm
Hello
I am new to this reflux thing - just learning

DD2 was diagnosed several weeks ago and was put on renitidine and i am using anti-reflux formula (she still breastfeeds at night)

My question is, is it normal for her to have good days where she hardly spills at all and is happy and then have bad days where nothing much stays down and she cries most of the evening.

She has improved no end recently but still has the bad day every now and then.

I am avoiding googling for answers as i dont want to get freaked out bu unhelpful sites - hoping one of you can let me know
thanks

Sponsored Links

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2011 at 9:20pm
We found that the ranitidine didn't work for our boy so we only had bad days on it.

If she has good days & bad days I highly recommend you do a food diary & see what is in common on the bad days that is not on the good days.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2011 at 9:46pm
We are the same here. Ranitidine didn't work. If its more bad days then good, I would take her back to dr and see if they can prescribe omeprezole. A food diary like AandCsmum suggested is a good idea to. Also a lot of babies/children with reflux are also lactose intolerant, so may be go without for a while and see how she is and reintroduce later and see if it makes a difference.

snugglebug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snugglebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2011 at 10:29pm
For us, definitely. My boy had bad reflux and dairy intolerance, we got the reflux under control but it still flares up some days. At your babys age definitely some days were fine and some days were really bad. As above if most days are good and just some bad I wouldn't worry but if you're still having more bad days I would ask to try omeprazole as that seems to be the best thing. I agree with cutting out dairy, as that was the magic answer for us as to why his reflux was so bad
Me 28, DH 29
DS born 20 Nov 2010 (4 years old)
#2 due October 7
 Post Reply Post Reply