FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow long was your baby on losec

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
snugglebug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snugglebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How long was your baby on losec
    Posted: 20 August 2011 at 10:14pm
I had weaned my DS off losec two months ago and he was fine for a bit but his reflux symptoms have come back badly so I am going to put him back on it again. He is 9 months old and has been on it since 3 weeks old. How long did your bubs stay on it? Im fine with him being on it, just wondering how long we may need it for. Reflux seems to run in my family so will he always have it maybe? Many of the adults on one side of my family suffer from it.

Also having a lot of trouble with any food that isn't completely pureed. Is there any problem with feeding him only purees at this age and beyond? I expect usually 9 month old babies are having a bit more texture but whenever I have given him anything a bit lumpy he pukes it straight back up. Even a mashed texture can sometimes be problematic.

Sucks to be back to the symptoms he had in his worst reflux days but at least I know what it is and how to help it now.

Me 28, DH 29
DS born 20 Nov 2010 (4 years old)
#2 due October 7
Sponsored Links

Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2011 at 8:01pm
Sorry I don't have the answer as DD is still on losec at 20 months old. She is having a tonsilectomy soon and we are going to look at taking her off losec six weeks after that and seeing how she goes.

We also have reflux in the family and it may be a case of having good times and bad.

Is he gagging or chocking on the lumpy food? He may simply not be ready for it yet. Every child is different. DD didn't start eating more than two teaspoons per feed until 8 months and lumpy foods came in around 9-10 months and didn't start eating finger foods properly until she was 12 months.

Perhaps you could talk to your GP about this. He/she may have some ideas or could refer you to a Pediatrician.

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2011 at 8:41pm
Is there anything that you've introduced recently that will make his reflux step back up again??

What is he like if you give him soft finger foods he can suck/chew? like strips of pancakes?
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
snugglebug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snugglebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2011 at 9:15pm
Sorry I haven't checked back in here for a while. Just lumpier food I guess, he loves his finger foods they seem to go down well. His reflux is generally at its worst after dinner particularly if he eats anything with too many flavours or lumps
Me 28, DH 29
DS born 20 Nov 2010 (4 years old)
#2 due October 7
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2011 at 1:05am
I just wanted to say that my little man has only just come off Losec in the past few weeks. Every 2 months we would trial it for a day or so and see if he was getting any better, but always ended back on it. He is 22 months old now

Post Reply Post Reply