FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedToddler Feeding

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mummymonster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummymonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Toddler Feeding
    Posted: 05 February 2011 at 7:25pm
There's heaps of information (probably too much) on feeding your baby under 1years.
After that it seems like, all they say is less milk, more solids and you're on your own.

How much milk for a 18mth old?
Currenlty he gets 100ml after breakfast & lunch, 200ml after dinner.

How big a portion should I give him?
Sometimes he eats a HUGE meal, other times he just picks. I never know if I'm giving him too much or if it just makes up for the days he doesn't eat much.

I'm overweight and have never had a grip on portion control in my own life and I'm worried I'll get it wrong with him. He's not verbal enough yet to actually tell me if he's hungry or full or eating because he likes it.
Sponsored Links

MamaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2011 at 7:47pm
I cant help with the milk question, but as far as solids go I just let DS let me know what he does and doesn't like and if hes still hungry or had enough. We have always done BLW weaning though, which seems to make you s lot more relaxed when it comes to Food.
As far as eating heaps one day and not much the next, I would say that is completely normal. DS is the same and I know myself some days i'll eat heaps and others im not hungry at all.
I guess what im trying to say is to trust your son.

Edited - stupid auto correct

Edited by MamaT

NovMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NovMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2011 at 8:05pm
At his age he'll eat when he's hungry, some days that'll seem like heaps others not much at all... If you just make sure its good food then he'll be fine
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2011 at 1:45am
a portion size is approximatley the size of a fist... so your portion size would be your fist and his portion size would be the size of his fist...

Post Reply Post Reply