FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow to get baby to relax for exercises

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Surreal3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Surreal3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to get baby to relax for exercises
    Posted: 11 September 2009 at 7:56am
Hiya-hoping someone has some tips. DS has exercises to do stretching neck muscles so i have to tilt his head to the left while holding shoulder and then turn head to the right each hold suppose to be 30 seconds. DS now screams and screams as soon as I touch his head-he hates them. Ive tried distracting him with toys,funny faces, thought about doing it when he has his bottle except he cant hold his bottle. Frustrating as he must do them. Any advice appreciated
Sponsored Links

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2009 at 9:29am
How old is DS? what about bubbles??Daniel was mesmorised by them for ages
Surreal3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Surreal3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2009 at 9:53am
He is 9 months. Thanks I might try the bubbles might need to get the girls to blow them while i hold him-thanks heaps

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2009 at 10:15am
how bout after a bath, maybe as part of a massage so he doesnt see you just coming in to hold his head?

and if he tilts his head himself do you still need to hold it, can you just hold his shoulder.. cause if you get him to look in that direction by himself it might be easier?

Surreal3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Surreal3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2009 at 10:19am
Hiya Bizzy-Tried after the bath. Neuro therapist says i have to hold his head to extend the stretch. She's on holiday at the moment. He doesnt like head touching at all. Im not very creative but i know alot of Mums on here are
 Post Reply Post Reply