FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedweaning!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
isabel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isabel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: weaning!
    Posted: 21 November 2010 at 8:40pm
Okey so we are wanting to wean our daughter on to formula. How do I do it?to i start with replacing one of the day feeds, and then replace the night feed, or the other way? How 'fast" should you do it? like replace 1 feed with formula and then wait a week and then replace on more?
TIA

Sponsored Links

tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2010 at 9:53am
I think to give your body time to adapt start with one feed and then after a few days try another, that way both your baby and your body will get used to things.   
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2010 at 3:39pm
The slower the better for you and for baby.
At least a few days, but a week would be better. You will have very sore breats and be at risk of engorgement and mastitis if u do it too quickly. If they get engorged only express a little for comfort.

Start with the day feeds, cos once she is having more and more formula in the day, she may not require as many night feeds.
 Post Reply Post Reply