FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMorning help.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2010 at 9:03pm
I manage to get up at 7.25 and still get out the door for 8.30 for work and pre school. Jake gets up at 7am and char not loing after, and I put the tele on for them, get them milk and slope back to the pit for 20 mins...
I have to admit, my morning relies heavily on tv and not at all on my hubby, its way easier if I do the whole shebang. This is what I do
7.25 - porridge in microwave and ricebubbles/fruit for small elf prepared while waiting for the porridge. ALso hunt out lunchboxes and get fruit in OR feed animals. When porridge ready, call kids to table and feed animals or fruit the lunchboxes - whatever I didn't do when prepping breakie.
7.40 hubby out of shower, me in. Not before giving Jake his clothes to put on when breakfast finished.
7.50 out of shower, then blow dry and straighten hair do makeup
8.05 dress Charlotte - she helps, and do her hair
8.10 eat my breakfast. Usually toast, I make sammies while toast is cooking and throw the rest of lunch in boxes. Mouthwash (I brush teeth in shower)
8.25 lock doors put animals out, get kids to shoe themselves and pack thier school bags
8.30 OFF!

Sounds awfully hectic when I write it out, but honestly I find it easier to let them watch tele and get dressed while I faff around with hair etc for work. Char olny gets me to help with the harder things. They put their dishes on the bench and I rinse them out and unpack and repack DW when I get home at lunchtime. Thye have other jobs to do, but in the mornings its easier to do the minimum and do our jobs after school/work etc.
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
Sponsored Links

Snappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 7:21pm
I read somewhere (can't remember where!) that if you are dressed and ready before the kids are up you will have a greater success at getting the kids to do what they are told. Something to do with the way kids see you when you are dressed compared to when you are in your dressing gown, wish I can remember!

I find my day is always better if I get up before the kids and at least have a shower and put my makeup on. The day is even BETTER if I have managed to wash the breakfast dishes and put a load of washing on. If I start the day organised then it usually goes on like that.

Janaya doesn't like being late for things so she is usually asking me every 10 mins whether I am going to make her late or not, lol. If she is late it means she has to get a late pass, which takes a while, and she hates that.

Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2010 at 10:50am
ella gets up between 6 and 7 and will watch hi 5 while eating her breakfast in our room...then we shower, her first usually, then i dress her, do her hair and let her watch a dvd for ten minutes while i finish....we are out of the house by 7 45 most mornings....shoes are last thing to put on (in garage) and bag is usually by door from night before...if we leave later it is usually cause we all slept in...

must admit I dont eat usually but that is more that i dont like breakfast that early...i do get a coffee tho....DH and i take turns going downstairs to get that and her breakfast
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12